Finish It Up Friday – Vintage Hour Glass

I can’t believe how quickly I got this little quilt finished! I guess I really missed having a hand quilting project.

Once again, I usedthe large Baptist Fan stencil from Fun with Barb.

Gosh, I love that texture! I used Quilters Dream 100% Cotton Request batting.

Linking up with Alycia Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday – Vintage Hour Glass

1. jean fletcher says:

What a fantastic finish, so very perfect with the fan quilting for that era of quilt. A true treasure now!

2. What a lovely quilt, Katy! The Baptist Fan was the perfect quilting design!

3. Beautiful hand quilting. I’ve been looking for a baptist fan stencil without any luck so far.

4. Diane Muldoon says:

very very nice. I love it.

5. Janice says:

I am so in love with Baptist Fan quilting. Your quilt is just wonderful. I was wondering if I could ask your opinion about that quilting pattern on a very busy quilt. Is it ok if I send you a picture of what I’m doing and see if you think the Baptist Fan pattern will work with it?

6. Zenia Rene says:

It’s so cute and very similar to a vintage one I want to duplicate.

7. Zenia Rene says:

So cute! It’s very similar to a vintage one I want to duplicate!

8. anudge says:

Wow. love all the quilts you rescue. The quilting is wonderful.

It looks wonderful!!! The Baptist Fan is my favorite quilting design. I ordered mine from Barb after you mentioned it a long while back. Hugs,

10. That is just amazingly beautiful! love the look of the handquilting on this one!!

11. Judy Blauer says:

The hand quilting is fabulous! It’s a visually pleasing quilt too! Some hourglasses look upright, some looked laid on their sides! FUN!