Hmmmmm…….

I bought this little quilt a number of years ago. As I’ve mentioned before, tied quilts are not my favorite.

But this is just charming and I couldn’t leave it. It has some issues, such as this paint splotch.

But overall, it is in good shape.

Of course, I had to open and take a peek inside. It has some nice, clean, fluffy, cotton batting.

So, should I take it apart and hand quilt it? Or close it up and leave it alone?

10 Responses to Hmmmmm…….

1. abydolinger says:

I have never seen this quilt design. How fun to have this unusual quilt in your collection!

2. Diane Muldoon says:

no no no…life is way too short…enjoy it as the artist designed it xo

3. thenosebump says:

Oops, sorry hit send by accident. I’m not a fan of hand ties either, however I think they show the quilting history of the timeframe.

4. Darlynn Venne says:

If you really want to enjoy it, take it apart and hand quilt.

5. Karen Arbaugh says:

Quilt it, ties are terrible!lol

I’m in the opposite corner. I’d leave it and just enjoy it. It really is a sweet quilt. Hugs,

7. Hmmmmm is right! I think hand quilting would be the best. I’m not a fan of tied quilts either!

8. blackeyedsewsan says:

Katy-if you have Prisma color pencils, you can match the blue. Then color over the paint spot (hopefully) and iron it. Used that technique w/ instructor Gabrielle Swan on applique for shading. After that, think a while & go for it. You are so quick, I’d hand quilt it personally as I too am not a fan of tying. Susan PS–it’s really a sweet piece…