Another Quilty Treasure!

This is another quilty treasure from Arizona.

I found this at the same antique mall as the little quilt I shared on Monday. This vintage top came with a poly batting zigzagged to the top and no backing of quilting.

I removed that before I left to make more room in my suitcase.

This top is entirely handpieced and I find its imperfections quite charming.

I love all the feed sack fabrics!

This is a good candidate for hand quilting this winter. Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Another Quilty Treasure!

1. Jannette Binder says:

What’s the saying – something about “use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without?” This quilter obviously took that to heart! Looking forward to seeing your handiwork!

2. LoriD @ Humble Quitls says:

It will be a good one in the dead of winter! It is bright and cheerful.

3. jean fletcher says:

What a treasure! So glad you rescued it and will finish it beautifully, I’m sure! Oh, for the love of feed-sacks!

4. Diane Muldoon says:

LOVE

This is so pretty! Don’t you love thinking about who might have made this and what they might have intended this quilt to be for. Hugs,

6. Tami Von Zalez says:

It is amazing what you find. Would be curious what you paid for it.

7. Kathy D. says:

You’re so good at seeing something most of us would overlook! As you’re finishing a project like this, do you wonder about the hands that worked on it before you? Was it a young girl’s first quilting project, or a busy mama’s evening handwork?

8. What a pretty quilt, with that lively pink and those fun nine patches! I see Pillsbury printed on one purple square, and partial letters for Minneapolis. How fun is that?! It will be fun to see how you finish this one!