Appliqué

I love this pattern from Fun with Barb.

I have been thinking about combining the applique from this with my red and white applique piece. I reduced the size a bit and cut them out.

Hmmmm….love these shapes, but this isn’t working for me yet.

Maybe a symmetrical arrangement like Barb used would work better. Or maybe I’ll just make a quilt like hers and do something else with this.

8 Responses to Appliqué

1. karenlogcabinquilter says:

I think the idea of including those applique shapes with the words is a spectacular idea. Especially in red and white.

2. barbvedder says:

i love this idea and arrangement – FYI the 2 flowers inside the urn are just bonus little flowers, not as part of the urn. You probably knew that. I love seeing your work on your dollhouse too! it is amazing

3. Nann says:

What wonderful designs. I like your sentiment, too.

4. Shasta says:

Those look like great shapes to me! I have been thinking about making something like this too – choosing more personalized shapes.

I love her pattern too! Hugs,

6. Dotti says:

Maybe your fragment piece needs a border of fragments, strings, pianos key, scraps of a quilting life where every fragment is included. Just like like life we include everyone even those on the fringe.

7. Lorid @ Humble Quilts says:

I do think the symmetry is what makes this quilt work.

8. Oh i have her pattern, too and have been hemming and hawing about how to set it up–I don’t like appliqueing on a big piece of fabric so i may set it differently–but i love the shapes….hugs Julierose