Dollhouse Chronicles

This week I tackled painting the exterior of the doll house. As a reminder, this is what it looked like before.

And here is after.

I decided that I only wanted to use paint I had on hand. I vastly underestimated how long this would take. But I’m pleased now that it is done.

I did some porch repairs and I hung up this little porch swing.

And found a park bench for the other porch.

I love these little shingles in the gable!

For the shingles, I watered down black craft paint to use as stain.

I removed the plastic window panes for painting so I need to put those back in yet.

I loved the original color scheme, but I needed to make a few repairs and knew I’d never find paint to match well enough.

This entry was posted in Doll House, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Dollhouse Chronicles

1. abydolinger says:

I sure hope you have a granddaughter to share this darling dollhouse with! Your attention to details is amazing!

I agree with Roseanne! A welcome mat, a knocker on the front door and hanging flower baskets on the porch would be adorable. I’m always amazed at your findings such as the porch swing and bench. They’re perfect.

3. Susan Reeves says:

I love your little doll house. Great job on the new paint colors.

Very cute! I love the porch swing. Hugs,

5. Oh, that our houses renovated so quickly! I love your changes and attention to detail.

6. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Love seeing these chronicles each week. The porches look inviting although you’ll have to whip up a small welcome mat and door hanging. For the seasons, don’t you think? Ooh, this is just so much fun. ~smile~ Roseanne

7. Val W says:

Very sharp. I’ve enjoyed seeing all your renovations on this little house.