When we left this project last, I had gotten this far.
Then took what might seem like drastic measures and sliced it diagonally.
And sewed it back together.
Then I turned it and sliced again.
After rearranging and sewing again, I got this. That is what I was looking for!
This is a simple no waste way to put a quilt on point. The downside is that the points on the side will get lost in the seam when I add a border or binding. Also, your edges will all end up on the bias.
Here’s a side by side comparison with the before on the left and after on the right.
It’s a doll quilt, not a masterpiece so I’m still okay with losing the points in this case. And I actually like both versions of this. It was a fun little experiment. Time to think about a border.
Have a great day!