Finish It Up Friday ~ I Spy

Done and dusted! Or perhaps done and gifted is more accurate. This is the quilt I made for E1 for his fifth birthday. Where has the time gone?

I used pairs of 117 different prints so it could be a matching game as well as I Spy.

Sorry for the sideways pic here. I used these two panels on the back.

I hate Piecing quilt backs so you know I love my boy! The map is so he can see where all his family lives.

And here is a map to use with his little cars.

Here are pics from his party.

And all tucked in later that night.

I think he liked it! ❤️

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ I Spy

1. karenlogcabinquilter says:

The blue you used for the setting on the I Spy quilt is quite nice. Good choice and a good finish.

2. Diane says:

red polka dots are perfect

3. Shasta says:

That is an adorable quilt – and so precious that it can be used in different ways!

4. Sharon Browne says:

I love these kind of quilts you make and doubling up on the prints is a great idea!

Love, love, LOVE it!! It’s just perfect for your precious little grandson. He will learn his states in the process of playing. I’m over the moon about this one, Katy.

6. Patricia Ludwiczak says:

Just adorable – quilt and child!! What a great idea to use matching pairs. I’ll have to try it!

I think he loved it! That quilt is so cute, I love the back too. Hugs,

8. Lorid @ Humble Quilts says:

What a great quilt! And yes, it looks like it will be treasured!!

9. Becky Turner says:

I love I Spy quilts!!! I usually make a double version so they can find the pairs…. I have also been known to put just “1” block of one print so they need to find that.
    When I do an ABC quilt I like to mess them up also….

10. What a wonderful quilt! Great idea making it a matching game too. Love what you did on the backing. That’s one happy little boy.

Ginny

11. What a cutie — quilt and grandson!

12. Val W says:

What a fun quilt. What a lucky grandson. What a special grandma!

13. What a fun quilt, and look at those smiles! That makes it all worth it, pieced backing and everything! Nice finish, Katy!

14. Looks like the quilts were a huge hit–they are lovely hugs Julierose

15. Frédérique says:

Pretty quilt, and already loved!