Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Claret Stars

Done!

I have no idea when this vintage top was pieced, but I suspect it was somewhere around the turn of the last century. It took me six months to hand quilt.

It is done and washed. I used Quilter’s Dream Cotton Request batting and plain muslin on the back.

The same blue and white shirting print was used throughout. But two different claret reds were used. Both are shown in the following photo.

The binding is vintage, though it is really too new for the top. It works IMHO.

Now, what can I hand quilt next?

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Claret Stars

1. jean fletcher says:

WOW, just WOW, looks like made and quilted so long ago. Beautifully done.

2. Lorid @ Humble Quilts says:

You did a terrific job on that quilt! Love that subtle background. Your quilting is perfect for it as well!

3. Chrisknits says:

That is gorgeous! I love how the 4 sides are not mirrored, I guess a case of doing with what you had.

4. Chantal L. says:

Congratulations on finishing this quilt beautifully. I love this design and it is now on my to-do list. ;^)

5. Amy Stoffel says:

Just stunning! You are so talented! Love your hand quilting!!

6. Robin in Kelso, wa says:

It is beautiful. Great job!

7. Sharon Browne says:

This quilt is gorgeous! You find the best vintage quilts!

8. Absolutely gorgeous! You are lucky that those clarets did not bleed after washing. Your quilting is beautiful!

It’s just beautiful! You really rescued an top and made it into a swan of a quilt. Your quilting looks wonderful. Hugs,

10. Gorgeous finish on this vintage find…your hand quilting is beautiful hugs, Julierose

11. Ramona says:

Wow! What a beautiful finish. The quilt top and your hand quilting are both just wonderful.

12. There is nothing prettier than a two-color quilt, and I love red and white together. This is a really nice finish, Katy! You find some great quilts on your outings. Looking forward to seeing what you hand quilt next too!

13. Jane says:

It’s gorgeous. Well done. You amaze me with how much you’re able to accomplish and I love your finishes, you photography skills and how you share the snippets of your focuses. Thank you!
    I’m off to ghetto a batch of soup going and salad as my youngest grandson will be here shortly with his dog for the day. No sewing for me as we’re going out to hike and play- today.