Clipboards and Quilting

I picked up a clipboard at a local discount store to use to display some of my little quilts.

I had seen some neat frames with a clip like this that people used to display small quilts and I thought just using a clipboard would be cool.

Clipboards have almost become a thing of the last really. Maybe I should paint it or dress it up somehow.

I have this hanging in my hallway for now, but you could use a plate stand to put it on a table top as well. I think I’m going to like this.

13 Responses to Clipboards and Quilting

1. Great idea! I’ve been wondering how to hang my mini quilts as well and now I know!!!

2. Diane says:

I’ve seen clipboards all done up with various buttons and small flowers glued to the metal part to soften the look.
    I love your idea of using it to display mini quilts or a special block. I have a clear clipboard that I will have to try out.
    Thank you!

3. karenlogcabinquilter says:

I have recently noticed that many quilters are using clip boards for display of little quilts or quilt blocks. I am late to the game.

4. Sandy says:

What a great idea! Yes dress it up! You could “age” it somehow?

5. Quilted Pants says:

The clipboard makes an excellent hanger and frame for your mini quilt.

6. What a great idea! I just put two in the “going to Goodwill” box. I will now fish them out. Thanks for the great tip. And, I love that little quilt!!

7. Nann Hilyard says:

That is clever! Coming to a Pinterest board near you . . .

I love it!! I bought 2 clipboards, now I know what to do with them. 😊 Hugs,

9. Julierose says:

Cute idea–how mini are your minis??? Just adorable..hugs, Julierose

10. Oh, I have some stored away somewhere. I need to use them!

11. Lori Fresina says:

I did the same thing. Been hanging in the hallway for awhile.

12. Frédérique says:

Clever way to display minis! Dressing the clip and painting the wood? It would be fun!