Finish It Up Friday ~ Kintsugi

Kintsugi is the Japanese art of mending pottery and using gold to fill in the cracks. It means that each time a pot is broken and repaired, it becomes more beautiful. That is what I was thinking about as I made this piece. It is 19 inches wide and 29 inches long.

I quilted random vertical lines with a 60 weight thread.

All of the fabrics were hand dyed by me.

Once again, I used a facing rather than than a binding.

This will be my second entry for the local art show. Wish me luck!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Art Quilts, Finishes, Hand Dyed Fabric, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Kintsugi

1. Jannette B. says:

That’s a really great piece – but I’m thankful that it was you piecing all those narrow seams and not me! I love the different shades of fabric that you used – I’m sure that it will do well in the show!

2. Lynette Caulkins says:

The fabrics in this make the coolest effect of reflections on glass windows! I really love this.

It is beautiful! Good luck. Hugs,

4. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

It’s a great piece. Love the dyed fabric. Well done!

5. It’s beautiful, Kathy. Every line enhances the beauty of your hand-dyed fabric.

I wish you MUCH luck! It’s certainly one of a kind. I love everything about it…especially the wonky seams! Great colors too.

7. Elizabeth S. says:

I love it! It is so stunning! Good luck!

8. The interplay of the fabric colors is very cool. I like this piece, Katy! It turned out well. I hope it does well in the show!

9. Kathy D. says:

What a cool effect! It came out great. Good luck!

10. Rebecca Grace says:

Your Kintsugi quilt is beautiful, gorgeous hand dyed fabric, and I love the effect of the facing, especially for a wall quilt.