I signed up for a doll quilt swap on Instagram hosted by @tossedbutnotsunk aka Jenny B. I found out about the swap while I was piecing these blocks in December and decided if this little quilt turned out well, that I would send this to my swap partner.
I’m not 100% happy with my backing fabric, just because it doesn’t go as well with my binding as I would have liked.
You may remember that most of the pieces for this were cut down from these vintage blocks.
I replaced some bits from my vintage stash as needed. I hand quilted it.
Once it was done, I washed it in the sink with a bit of Dawn dish soap. You never know how these old fabrics will stand up to washing. I’ve had some fall apart completely or change color.
Here it is after washing and drying.
I’m happy to report that it turned out just fine!
That little bit of shrinkage adds just the right touch. I hope my swap partner likes it. It isn’t due for some time yet, though it is nice to have this done and ready to go.
Have a wonderful day!