Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Bowties

I signed up for a doll quilt swap on Instagram hosted by @tossedbutnotsunk aka Jenny B. I found out about the swap while I was piecing these blocks in December and decided if this little quilt turned out well, that I would send this to my swap partner.

I’m not 100% happy with my backing fabric, just because it doesn’t go as well with my binding as I would have liked.

You may remember that most of the pieces for this were cut down from these vintage blocks.

I replaced some bits from my vintage stash as needed. I hand quilted it.

Once it was done, I washed it in the sink with a bit of Dawn dish soap. You never know how these old fabrics will stand up to washing. I’ve had some fall apart completely or change color.

Here it is after washing and drying.

I’m happy to report that it turned out just fine!

That little bit of shrinkage adds just the right touch. I hope my swap partner likes it. It isn’t due for some time yet, though it is nice to have this done and ready to go.

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Anja Quilts , Busy Hands Quilts

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Hand piecing, Hand quilting, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Bowties

1. So cute. I think the binding looks fine with the backing. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It’s Finished Friday.

2. Genevieve says:

Looks Great to me, well done. You have inspired me to try & make one for each of my granddaughters! 🙂

3. Julierose says:

Lovely little mini–i am a big fan of those pinks…they just really look like they fit in with that bow tie block nice work hugs, Julierose

I think your little quilt looks wonderful! Your swap partner is going to love it. Hugs,

5. abydolinger says:

What a sweet quilt, and very nicely hand quilted.

6. Sharon Browne says:

I would be thrilled to receive this little beauty! It looks awesome with that vintage machine too!

7. Pat in WNY says:

Double-pink splendor! Beautiful finish and that Singer machine is fabulous.

8. Jayne says:

That is adorable! Great tip on washing vintage fabric/blocks!

9. I think I wish I was your swap partner! What a pretty little quilt. I don’t mind the binding fabric with the backing. It has a fun, scrappy look.

10. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! I’m sure your swap partner will just love it. It looks even more vibrant and rich after the washing and drying although it might just be the photo. Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

11. Angie Kaschube says: