Finish It Up Friday ~ Swiss Crosses

On Christmas Eve, Lori at Humble Quilts , shared a tutorial for a small quilt called Swiss Cross. I decided to give it a go.

I wanted the large triangles to be the same as the background shirting, but I didn’t have enough.

The above two photos were taken before washing; these next two were after.

I really love this little quilt!

Linking up with Anja Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts

This entry was posted in Civil War Repro Quilts, Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Swiss Crosses

1. That’s a cute little quilt! I haven’t made a mini in some time – this one is calling to me!

2. What a cute mini. I love the different corners. Well done.

3. It is a great little quilt. I like the different backgrounds.

4. Pat in WNY says:

I love your version, and the two different background fabrics add a lot of interest to the piece.

5. LoriD @ Humble Quilts says:

It is so sweet! I too love the different shirtings!

6. It is a cute and cozy quilt. I actually like the different background fabrics.

7. Jayne says:

It’s a little gem! I don’t mind the different fabric for the corners not even a little bit!

8. Frédérique says:

Pretty quilt! Love the red on different backgrounds

9. Kathy D. says:

Such a sweet little quilt!

10. abydolinger says:

Like your little quilt so much! I think the use of a second shirting that is a little darker than the patchwork background adds depth to the quilt. A happy coincidence.

I love it! I love that your background is two different fabrics. I’ve got my fabric laid out to make mine but haven’t started yet. Have a good weekend. Hugs,