Finish It Up Friday ~ Minecraft!

My first Christmas gift is done! This Minecraft quilt will be for Big L.

I used patterns from Seriously, I Think It Needs Stitches.

I modified it slightly. Mine is based on a 2 inch grid rather than 1 1/2 inches.

I added his name and the year in the quilting.

My machine binding improves little by little.

After washing the flannel backing fabric, I found it shrunk so much that I had to add to it.

I can’t wait to give this to my little guy! But I had better get going on his brother’s quilt.

Also, I wanted to say thank you for all the comments on yesterday’s post. If you are at all interested in the WordPress/Blogger/comments issues, go back and read the comments. Interesting stuff!

Linking up with Busy Hands Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Minecraft!

1. kelly says:

I have to start mine I need to make 2 quilts, not for Christmas though, looking forward to get started though. your looks great!

2. Terri says:

He’s going to love this quilt! Adorable!!!

3. Patricia Ludwiczak says:

I love, love love this quilt! Your little guy is going to be thrilled. I wish I had someone to make this for! Thanks for sharing such a cool project.

I love this quilt SOOOOO much!! I’m sure Big E is going to be ecstatic!!

Your little grand is going to love this quilt! I look forward to seeing what you make for brother. Have a great weekend. Hugs,

6. Ellen says:

Katy, it is just terrific!

7. Kathy D. says:

There will be one thrilled boy this Christmas, one who knows his grandma cares enough to make this wonderful quilt.

8. Val W. says:

You really had to think outside the box – and inside the boxes – for this quilt. It looks terrific, and you just know Big L will be thrilled to snuggle under it.

9. I’m out of the loop! I love the quilt, but have no idea what Minecraft is. I can only guess that it is a video game and that you have nailed it! Good for you for crossing off a gift already!