Finish It Up Friday ~ Minecraft!

My first Christmas gift is done! This Minecraft quilt will be for Big L.

I used patterns from Seriously, I Think It Needs Stitches.

I modified it slightly. Mine is based on a 2 inch grid rather than 1 1/2 inches.

I added his name and the year in the quilting.

My machine binding improves little by little.

After washing the flannel backing fabric, I found it shrunk so much that I had to add to it.

I can’t wait to give this to my little guy! But I had better get going on his brother’s quilt.

Also, I wanted to say thank you for all the comments on yesterday’s post. If you are at all interested in the WordPress/Blogger/comments issues, go back and read the comments. Interesting stuff!

Linking up with Busy Hands Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict

I am a wife, mom of four amazing adult kids, and a former librarian. I love making everything from traditional quilts to art quilts. I am thankful to God my Father and Creator for the gift of creativity!
This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Minecraft!

1. Pingback: Minecraft | KatyQuilts

2. kelly says:

I have to start mine I need to make 2 quilts, not for Christmas though, looking forward to get started though. your looks great!

3. Terri says:

He’s going to love this quilt! Adorable!!!

4. Patricia Ludwiczak says:

I love, love love this quilt! Your little guy is going to be thrilled. I wish I had someone to make this for! Thanks for sharing such a cool project.

I love this quilt SOOOOO much!! I’m sure Big E is going to be ecstatic!!

Your little grand is going to love this quilt! I look forward to seeing what you make for brother. Have a great weekend. Hugs,

7. Ellen says:

Katy, it is just terrific!

8. Kathy D. says:

There will be one thrilled boy this Christmas, one who knows his grandma cares enough to make this wonderful quilt.

9. Val W. says:

You really had to think outside the box – and inside the boxes – for this quilt. It looks terrific, and you just know Big L will be thrilled to snuggle under it.

10. I’m out of the loop! I love the quilt, but have no idea what Minecraft is. I can only guess that it is a video game and that you have nailed it! Good for you for crossing off a gift already!