China

I need to find and prep more ties before I go any farther on that project. In the mean time, I pulled these out.

You may remember when Mr. Wonderful brought these fabrics back from China for me.

They are so beautiful and I want to be very careful about using them. I was paging through magazines and came across this one which has given me some ideas.

I love this idea.

And this one.

I love that these would showcase the fabric. I could also use every inch without wasting any. I have piles of books to look through yet, but these are my top picks for now.

Sometimes I find that I have to get a project out and put it away again a few times before I actually start cutting. That may happen here!

8 Responses to China

1. dezertsuz says:

Either one would be a great use of the fabrics, but I really like the first one. I’m a child of symmetry. =)

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy! Either would be a great choice to showcase these special fabrics, especially that one with the medallions. I look forward to seeing where these end up! I like to mull things over too, and make it my own. Happy Wednesday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

3. These are gorgeous! The chrysanthemum print looks Japanese to me, but I am not up on my Asian fabrics. I really think these would be spectacular in that Endless Summer pattern. Have fun!

4. Diane says:

Love the second pattern. Either one you choose will complement the beautiful fabric.

5. Lois Stimax says:

My daughter brought me fabric from India and I felt the same way! It was just one piece, but I put other fabrics with it and I love how it turned out. That is the best thing folks could give me!

6. I do the same thing, take it out, put it away. It’s like a brewing process. Eventually it becomes a quilt!

7. blackeyedsewsan says: