A while back, I started cutting pieces for a new Quilt of Valor. This is the block pattern I wanted to use.
I got stuck when I realized I didn’t have enough matching fabric for the large quarter square triangles that I needed. So I set it aside.
These are the dies I used from Accuquilt .
I also used a 4 1/2 inch HST dies, but I forgot to take a picture. I started with a layer cake so the above die essentially cut the layer cake squares into four equal parts. I got the background fabric I needed and got back to it.
I should tell you that my triangles were over sized and I trimmed the blocks down to 13 1/2 inches. I have some more blocks that I have worked on, but I won’t get any farther with these until I can trim with my rotary cutter again. This is what they look like before trimming.
Have a great day!
This post contains affiliate links.