Disappointment

Notice anything missing here?

Yeah, Friday should be sitting there instead of in this box.

Due to a shipping snafu, the track supports didn’t arrive with my machine on April 20th. They were delivered this past Wednesday, but when I opened the box, I found they shipped the wrong size. Hubby left yesterday for a week overseas and I had planned to quilt the whole week. First world problems, I know. After a good cry, I decided to come up with a new plan for the week.

This is fabric that needs to become a wedding quilt in one month’s time. I should start that.

I’m going to add borders to this so it’s ready to quilt. I hate that I’m just now seeing like fabrics touching. Ugh.

And I have this vintage rocker to work on. I picked it up at a yard sale and need to reupholster the seat.

My family room redo includes a bit of a patriotic theme. I didn’t want to go kitschy or country. This fabric I bought for the rocker may be a bit over the top….

I also have closets to clean……

10 Responses to Disappointment

1. dezertsuz says:

It is disappointing, but you are switching modes quite nicely instead of dithering. I like that fabric for a rocking chair seat. In the overall scheme of things, two fabrics touching in a quilt is not a severe problem. =) If it bothers you enough, you can take out two blocks together and flip them over, because of the design, but I would just leave them alone. It looks fine and it took you a while to even notice them!

2. Quiltmouse says:

So sorry for the snafu! I know it’s so frustrating to have it so close and yet so far away! Glad you will still get some sewing done.

3. Darlynn Venne says:

Fabrics touching quandary….Ms. Katy, look at old quilts. They never cared if like fabrics touched~ They made do with what they had and how it all came together. No sweating over like fabrics touching. I read somewhere when this happens, it gives the eye a place to rest. LOVE that fabric line. I believe I have two quilts made from it (poor sentences structure Ms. Librarian šŸ™‚
    Have a great week~

4. rl2b2017 says:

Katy,
    OH SHOOOOOOT. Darn it. Best laid plans and all that . . . tears are certainly warranted but now you’ve put your big girls pants on, and are still going to enjoy the heck out of a week spent sewing and doing whatever floats your boat! Enjoy! I hope it is easy to get the correct supports so you are up and back in business. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

5. Val W. says:

Bummer. Oh, and if you run out of closets to clean, I have a few you could work on.

6. I’m so sorry about the shipping snafu. That yellow/white fabric is going to be a lovely quilt! Your new little rocker is very cool, and the fabric is kinda fun, I think. As for cleaning your closet — are you sure you have to??? Haha! I avoid those tasks as long as I can.

7. Terri Bertalan says:

Don’t they know you had plans for the week? They should come and put it together for you. Does look like you have other projects to keep you occupied though.

8. You cope with disappointment in a most productive way.

9. Karen says:

don’t you hate shipping problems sometimes it seems to take forever to get the right stuff

10. What a disappointment! I feel your pain.