Progress

I’ve made a little progress on the cactus quilt. First I lowered one of the arms.

Then I thought this cactus should bloom in the desert. But since this baby is a boy, I used a friendship star block instead of a flower. I also started adding in background bits.

Then I started thinking it would be fun to add a sunset. I think this pinky orange bit will work.

I don’t know how I’ll piece that yet. And I’m not sure about my choice for the ground. Daughter #2 who lived in AZ for six years suggested adding a bit of purple into my sunset as well.

Hmmmmm……

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Progress

1. Kathy D. says:

I like the direction you’re taking this. It’ll be fun to see where you end up!

2. sue says:

That star is perfect!

3. anudge says:

I agree with the purple suggestion. How about rounding the top with some drunkard paths units? Looking good.

4. Val W says:

I love watching your thought process. It can be hard and fun at the same time designing a quilt. And baby quilts are the most fun of all!

5. What fun! The cactus is sweet, and the star blossom is perfect. I wonder if you can find a batik with color variations to mimic the desert sunset in your background. I’ve seen pieces that would work beautifully!

6. Charlotta Bright Norby says:

It looks great! And I think as you try out things on your design wall, you’ll be able to tell what works. Maybe purple will be great, maybe not? Remember this is your work, and it’s for a baby! He won’t care. He also would love a flower just as much as a friendship star. I think we often go way too far in making things gender specific. Babies are just children! They basically all like the same thing and in fact it would be healthy and good for them if we don’t press them so far into gender roles! But, I know it’s your choice!
    Whatever you do, it’ll be a great quilt! I’m loving it!

7. Diane in AZ says:

Daughter 2 is out of AZ now?

8. I like where this is going. Well done.