Little Star Finish

I’ve finished making a little quilt out of this vintage star block.

I kept the quilting simple with a cross hatch.

I love that it looks so primitive. My wonky hand quilting fits right in!

I added it to my wall of red, white, and blue minis.

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Little Star Finish

1. Dotti says:

It does look primitive and so sweet. How fun to have a great mini wall. Oh, that might be an oxymoron. The room looks lovely. You do such inspired work. I enjoy your blog.

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    What a pretty, welcoming room! Your newest mini quilt looks great with your collection. ~smile~ Roseanne

3. Beautiful little quilt, and the bedroom looks so inviting and cozy. I so enjoy seeing what you are working on each time you post! So many lovely quilts! Did you go back and get that antique quilt you were thinking on (and the purple toy sewing machine)?

Your room and wall are wonderful! Hugs,

5. sue says:

You inspire me to start a wall of mini quilts!

6. Terri Bertalan says:

Love all your mini quilts and your room too! How did you pass up the little purple toy sewing machine? lol

7. Terri Bertalan says:

What is the name of the pattern for the quilt on the bed? or is that your design? I love it!

8. Karen says:

I really like your wall like that – I need to start making some little quilts in between all the others! this would look good on my bare sewing room walls

9. Paula says:

How cute! I love that you take old blocks and tops and finish them. I have 2 rescue projects in the works and need this inspiration, because it can be frustrating using someone else’s wonky blocks. Thank you.

10. Rochelle Summers says:

I am enjoying each and every one of the finishes you are posting. I love the wall of minis.

11. anudge says:

Beautiful quilt, Katy. I’m all admiration on how you saved the star’s points.

12. Jan Horn says:

Love your wall of small mini quilts. Really enjoy getting your posts of what you’re working on. Great inspiration.

13. I love all your dinky quilts together. Looks like a mini art gallery 🙂 Do you use your old sewing machine in the photo? I’ve just “rescued” and oldie.

14. It’s beautiful. It fits in nicely with your collection.

15. Jannette B. says:

Love the collection of minis!

16. A mini out of a vintage block. What a cool idea. Your wall of minis is a lovely display. And so much room for more!

17. audrey says:

Your new Mini quilt is a great addition! Love seeing your wall of small quilts. Very inspirational.:)

18. katyquilts says:

Thank you! I love making them and it’s fun to add them to my wall, 😊 I haven’t gone back….yet!

Sent from my iPad