My New Helper and a Finish

Big E was over the other day and I decided to start training him to be my assistant. Isn’t he just the cutest three year old?

He’s holding my little bow tie quilt before I washed it. See that rust stain towards the bottom? I wanted to try to remove that.

When it was time to take photos of the back, E decided he was more interested in the quilt than in taking photos. Smart little man!

I just can’t get enough of this sweet boy! Anyway, here are photos after washing. The stain isn’t completely gone, but it is much better. I used Restoration by Engleside Industries and a bit of Dawn dish detergent and washed it in the sink.

This vintage backing seems a couple decades newer than the top, but I’m glad to have found a place for this funky piece of vintage fabric.

It’s perfect on my little doll bed.

You can’t always square up vintage tops and this is no exception. I’m totally fine with these little quirks.

I had never really planned to finish this little bit of vintage patchwork, but I’m glad I did. It was a quick, fun little hand project.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Busy Hands Quilts , Crazy Mom Quilts ,

Powered By Quilting

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to My New Helper and a Finish

1. I’m glad you did, too. It’s darling! Your little helper is adorable. We need to see him more often. 🙂

2. Jannette B. says:

What a cute little quilt! I’d say you have a very smart, and competent, quilt assistant – and he looks a LOT like my 3 year-old grandson! Aren’t they just the best gift?

3. What a cute little helper. It looks like he was having a great time.

4. Preeti says:

What a lovely little quilt and what a handsome quilt model! I am sure he lights up the room just by the twinkle in his naughty eyes.

He is adorable!! I love the little red and white quilt. I have a little 22 month old grandson and I could eat him, grands are so precious. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

6. Such a cute little quilt!!!

7. anudge says:

What a sweetie! Smart Grandma to start them small.

8. He’s such a cutie and shows off your beautiful quilt very well. He should be a model!

9. Ruthie says:

I love the fabric on the back, it is just a beautiful as the front.

Such darling pics of Big E. I imagine he’s going to tell Mommy and Daddy all about how he “helped” Grandma make a quilt. It’s just too cute and adorable on the doll bed. Now you need a granddaughter!

11. Vera says:

Cute pics and pretty little quilt.

12. Such a cute quilt, but your little helper is a handsome little guy! Love his grin; could he be any cuter?? The quilt looks sweet on the doll bed!

13. Paula says:

This is a sweet little quilt and that little guy is a doll!

14. Sue B says:

What wonderful pictures with Big E, treasured times I’m sure for both of you. His smile is so infectious! The quilt is very cute too 🙂

15. Val W says:

Precious pix. He is a real charmer!

16. What a cutie pie! And, I love the quilt too! I have a huge collection of feedsacks and depression era fabrics and I have never seen that backing fabric. Cool!

17. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    What a great helper you have! He did a fabulous job . . . and that smile on his face. You can see he was quite happy to be a helper and should be very proud of himself. I love the shot where he is looking down at the quilt! So sweet and priceless. It would almost be a good snuggle quilt for Big E. Really nice finish! ~smile~ Roseanne