Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Redwork

I’ve finished quilting all around the outside edge of this quilt.

Here are a few more fun blocks.

This one is my favorite.

The raggedy batting was driving me nuts, so I went ahead and machine stitched the binding.

Looks like I have a choice between hand stitching binding and hand quilting today.

Have a good one!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Hand quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Redwork

1. Had to chuckle at the hyena. Not the first animal that comes to mind for putting on a quilt block! Wonder what the significance of it was? You sure stitched this one up quickly!

2. Karen says:

quilting this quickly! I would have trimmed the sides by now,what kind of batting is that

Maybe a silly question, but did you pre-wash the fabric you used for the binding since red is notorious for bleeding?

4. Shasta says:

This is such a beautiful quilt and the quilting is really adding to it. Love the sun! Almost done now!

5. Suzanne says:

Beautiful embroidery and quilting. This will be a sweet treasure for the future.

6. Cathy says:

I’m glad to see someone quilting redwork. I made a mother goose redwork quilt but haven’t quilted it yet. I see you quilt right through the redwork and it looks fine. I was worried about doing that. I love the Baptist Fans. Looks wonderful.

7. Kay says:

Such beautiful redwork!

8. That is so pretty and well worth the time spent on all the handwork. In the center un-quilted portion, is that curved stitching just basting?

9. Susan says:

That’s going to be such a lovely traditional looking piece. Great solution for the raggedy edge batting.