Finish It Up Friday ~ French General Granny Square

Another UFO is done! I’m quite pleased with how this turned out. It all began with a jelly roll of Le Marais by French General that I got on sale. Of course, that jelly roll wasn’t enough so I bought some FQs so I could make more blocks. Then I had to track down border fabric.

Here it is on my queen size bed.

I do all my continuous curve quilting freehand. It would look better if I used a curved template, but I’m always in too much of a hurry!

This is where I’m displaying it until I decide where it will live. I wish it was a bit bigger, but I made it as big as I could with the fabric I had. It hasn’t been washed yet, but it will shrink a few inches when I do. It currently measures about 85 inches square.

I’m finally learning how to fill a wide border with feathers.

Linking up with Katie Mae Quilts, Busy Hands Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict , Crazy Mom Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Finishes, UFOs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ French General Granny Square

1. Lynette Caulkins says:

What a nice finish – this sure is pretty on the bed, isn’t it? Your cc work looks very good – my one attempt was rather pathetic. I’m thinking a good shot at it with a template on a whole quilt will get it into my muscles better for freehanding.

2. Lynn White says:

That is a beautiful quilt and the quilting is just gorgeous, well done!

3. Deana says:

Oh wow! I thoroughly love this quilt form the colors to the quilting. It has been exquisitly made as well. Thanks for all of the wonderful photos in all of the beautiful places!

4. Sandra B says:

Beautiful finish, Katy! I love Granny Squares!! And your quilting design is perfect!!
    Thanks, as always, for sharing!

5. Heide says:

It is beautiful! I love the pops of the blue. ***Be very careful if you wash…I made a quilt with French General all red and cream fabrics and some of the red bled into the cream French general fabrics, so now some of the squares are pink. I was so bummed after all that hard work. .

6. That really turned out pretty! French General is always such a pretty line of fabric and you’ve done a masterful job with it!

7. Sharon says:

Beautiful! I love French General and your feather quilting especially is gorgeous!

8. Absolutely beautiful!

9. anudge says:

This is a stunning quilt and the quilting is just perfect for it.

10. KatieQ says:

I really like the way you used the cornerstones in the sashing. It’s perfect with the Granny Square blocks.

11. Alison says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

12. Beverly Parrish says:

an absolutely stunning quilt . you did a great job as usual

I’m crazy about this quilt!

14. Paula says:

I loved the blocks before and love the finished quilt. The quilting in the sashings is sweet. Thanks for sharing.

I’m in love with this quilt! It is beautiful. French General is one of my favorite designers. Your quilting is wonderful. I have loved seeing the QOV you showed earlier in the week. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

16. Sherrill says:

That is so pretty!! Looks fantastic!

17. chrisknits says:

Its lovely! I have plans to make a Granny Square, so this is just inspiration to go ahead and get on it!

18. Ramona says:

Great finish! Your feathers are beautiful, as is all of the quilting. It’s a beautiful quilt.

19. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it!

20. Val W says:

I love the quilting on this beautiful quilt. Fabulous! And of course, only on a cold Michigan day can it pose on the snow for its portrait.

21. Bambi Pearson says:

It’s beautiful! You did a wonderful job and I love it.

22. Kathy D. says:

Gorgeous quilting on a lovely quilt! Your border fabric is just right, and I love the feathers.