Treasures

Once a year, my local Guild has a Trash to Treasures sale at a meeting to raise funds for the guild. I cleaned out and donated some books and picked up a few things as well. I think this panel will be perfect for one of my grandsons.

Loved the Downton Abbey Fabric!

This is an interesting quilt top made from French General fabrics. I’m not sure if I will quilt it as is or recycle it on some way.

I’ve never tried silk batting and I’m looking forward to trying this out.

They had three tables of ties that were given to the guild. You could take as many as you wanted. Our guild will have a challenge using these ties at our show next year.

Have a great weekend!

10 Responses to Treasures

1. Val W says:

What an interesting collection of new treasures. Now your mind will be spinning with even more what-to-do ideas.

2. Good stuff! You will enjoy it for sure.

What great stuff you found! I look forward to what you make. Hugs,

4. Helen Glover says:

I would be very interested in how you use the map panel. I have this one also and want to make something for my grandson as well. Do let us know. Love your blog! Thanks for all you share! Love the French General top too. I would have to make a quilt with it as is. Beautiful!

5. Sharon says:

You found some great stuff! It’s always fun and inspiring when you get new stuff, even when it’s not really new. Have fun!

6. Terri Bertalan says:

You could make a tie quilt, lol

7. That’s a great map panel. It even includes Canada, but Nova Scotia got cut off LOL

8. Zenia Rene says:

Great treasures! Looking forward to seeing what you create w/the ties.

9. You got some very cool treasures! Should be fun to work with!

10. Summer says:

I would love to know more about your guild’s Trash to Treasures program. It might be an interesting thing for my guild to try.