Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Daisies

I finished quilting this top one day last week and I’ve started work on the binding.

When my great Aunt Celia passed away at the age of 99, I got some of her fabric stash. In it was this piece of green that made a perfect binding.

Here is a peek at the quilting.

Now to finish that binding.

Have a great day.

14 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Daisies

1. Susan says:

The quilting on this one is beautiful! I really like it!

2. janicekholton says:

Oh, that is outstanding! The quilting is wonderful! Even more special that it is being bound with fabric from your Aunt Celia’s stash. I know I have read about this quilt before, but remind me. Are these made from vintage fabrics? Or did you find some vintage blocks and put them together?

3. So beautiful! Happy New Year 🙂

4. Sandra B says:

Beautiful quilting to finish off this quilt…and the binding is perfect!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!

5. Luann says:

Beautiful quilt

6. Oh I LOVE what you did!!!

7. Kathleen says:

Oh you made a wonderful choice for the quilting by keeping the grid. I just love this!

Absolutely FABULOUS quilting!

9. Libby says:

I love the quilting you chose. I always thought these blocks were pretty but the quilting makes them come alive. It’s beautiful and your quilting makes it stronger so you can actually use it.

10. Are you happier with it now that the quilting is done? I think it looks really nice! Love that green binding! Happy New Year!

11. blackeyedsewsan says:

ADORE the quilting-just super all around!!! Wrap me in flowers…Happy New Year Katy-Susan

12. Ruth says:

What a treasure! Wonderful quilting on it too. Were the flowers already put together?