Finish It Up Friday ~ T-Shirt Quilt

I mentioned before that I had a secret project I was working on. Now that this quilt has been gifted, I can share it with you. My pastor’s wife asked me to make this for our pastor. Our church uses t shirts to identify our volunteers to our visitors. She brought over one of each T-shirt we have used over the last five years we’ve been in existence.

I decided to embroider some of our core values/beliefs on blocks cut from the backs of the shirts as well.

Here is a look at the back and binding.

This is the first T-shirt quilt I have quilted on my long arm. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. And I think he liked it!

If you are interested, you can learn more about my church here.

Linking up with Kathy’s Kwilts, Busy Hands Quilts , Crazy Mom Quilts , Confessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ T-Shirt Quilt

1. Shannon Fleming says:

This is a beautiful gift for your pastor. Your church reminds me of mine, Victory Life Church. We have lots of shirts too and I’ve made a tshirt quilt for our children’s church leader. Yours is beautiful!

It’s a lovely quilt and he will treasure it I’m sure! Hugs

3. Kathy D says:

A wonderful quilt that will long be treasured! Congrats on the embroidered blocks; they look terrific.

4. Not only a fun t-shirt quilt, but the words are so inspiring. It will be well used, I think, by the look on his face. Great job, Katy! If we’re ever in your neck of the woods, I’d enjoy visiting your church. Looks like a great place!

5. Jayne says:

What a great t-shirt quilt! Gifted and loved too!

6. That is an amazing quilt! and the sayings are awesome too!! I am glad you were able to surprise him!!

7. What a special quilt for your pastor. It will be such a treasure for him.

8. What a great gift! I really love how you done this 🙂

9. Zenia Rene says:

You did good Katy! Looks fantastic. Awesome T-shirts and embroidering the core values on some blocks was a great idea!

10. Jenny Benton says:

You have done a great job – it looks really nice!! And that happy smile says it all.

11. Lynette says:

That’s a really cool Tshirt quilt. The embroidered maxims add so much to it!

12. So wonderful! You did a great job!

13. Awesome. Did you use a stabilizer on the shirts? I plan to make one, but not ready to start just yet.

14. T-shirt Quilts are SEW much easier to quilt on a longarm quilting machine!!! (And the MAIN reason I got my longarm.)