My Sewing Room

Today I thought I would share with you some photos of my sewing room. When I first started sewing, I had a shelf in the linen closet for my stuff. When we moved, I got a shelf and a drawer and I sewed in the family room. After some remodeling, I got some cupboards in the family room and part of a walk in closet. At our next house, I got a whole room! It was only 6 by 8 feet, but it was all mine! Now I am blessed to have a huge finished room in our basement.

I will walk you around the room from right to left. I use this old CD tower to store some precuts. The vintage tool cabinet belonged to my dad. My toy Jeep collection is on top.

Next is Harry Bell Avante, my long arm. My toy sewing machine collection is above the cabinets.

My design wall! It’s a decent size, but they never seem to be big enough.

I love my vintage hoosier with side cabinets! I store more precuts, long arm threads, and miscellaneous sewing stuff inside. I also collect vintage enamelware and use it to store all kinds of things.

Here is my sitting area that is really only used by my dog!

The door you see here goes to a walk in closet for games and such. The basket system for my stash is from a Ikea.

My Juki is new, but I’m falling more in love with it every day. I bough this steel case desk at Good Will and hubby cut a hole in the top to set a machine in.

Here is my desk and embroidery area.

And now we are back to the beginning.

But wait, there’s more! There is a support post in the center of the room. I created an island around it with two vintage tables, an ironing table, and my cutting table, built from Ikea units and a door.

I love my Accuquilt Studio Cutter . I’ve had it for five years and it might be my favorite thing in this room!

My ironing table was made from a vintage lab table that me dad gave me.

I have a whole herd of vintage machines and use many of them on a rotating basis. Here is one of my Singer 301s.

I hope you enjoyed this little tour! It is most definitely my happy place.

This post contains affiliate links.

This entry was posted in 52 Quilters, Sewing Room Pics, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to My Sewing Room

1. Therese says:

What bliss………

2. Mary Carvajal says:

Wow Kathy what a beautiful studio. You are so organized. I am jealous. Merry Christmas to you and your family

3. Kathy D says:

Think many of us could quite happily live in your wonderful sewing studio. Hibernation would be a real possibility! Come and get me in the spring.

4. Anja @ Anja Quilts says:

Wow…that is quite the sewing room. You have so much room and storage space.

5. Mary says:

I loved the tour!

6. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I love seeing people’s sewing rooms, and what a lovely room this is. So nice and organized, with plenty of space to move around and even have others join you. The sitting area looks very welcoming and I can see why your dog likes to lay and sleep there – and keep you on task. ~smile~ Roseanne

7. Marilyn says:

I love your sewing room, you have so much space and it’s well organized. No wonder you cand put out so much work. You are fantastic!!

8. Quiltmouse says:

Thank you for sharing! It looks like a wonderful space to create.

9. Sharon says:

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful sewing room! It looks like a dream come true.

10. Val W says:

What a wonderful sewing studio. Definitely your happy place!

11. Sherrill says:

Good GRIEF!! You have a MAJOR operation going on there. How wonderful how you’ve put it all together (with a little help from dad and hubs).

12. I am in awe! I think the only thing missing are the threads that cover me and my floor on a regular basis. Thank you for sharing your fantastic space. Now I can think of you in each station, quilting away. Enjoy your quilting time!

13. WOWEE!! Now that’s a studio!! I love that you are a collector too. I have to really be careful about that because once I start collecting something, it usually takes over!

You have a wonderful sewing studio! I love it. It’s obvious you have put a lot of thought into how you want it to function. Hugs,

15. Thanks for the peek into your sewing space, Katy! Do you use your vintage machines for particular projects, or just when you are in the mood to use them?

16. julia jurado says:

Oh my goodness, your sewing room is a dream come true, WOW……

Thanks for the tour of your sewing room, Katy! It must be such a pleasure to be able to go there whenever you find even a few minutes of free time. As organized as it is, I can understand how ideas for new creations evolve. Without a doubt, the Studio Cutter is such a time saver. Gone are the days of tedious template cutting. Hard to imagine our grandmothers managed to do it with household scissors and cardboard templates. Yikes! I’m looking forward to more of your posts!

18. Loris Mills says:

Awesome use of your room! It is so fun to see other quilter’s sewing space . Great tour!

19. Nann says:

What a wonderful place! (And sooooo clean. )

20. I really have basement envy and after seeing yours, it is worse. I love your roomy sewing area and the way you have arranged your neat tables and storage cabinets. I could live there. 🙂

21. Sue B says:

I love your Longarm’s name!!! And what a great sewing room, how wonderful to have so much room for your personal collections.

22. Shasta says:

Wow, I did enjoy the tour! Thank you. What a beautiful space!

23. Mary Redrick says:

Such a special room! You planned so well and I just love it!!!

24. Ohhh, I just saw one of those hoosier cabinets at the Seelye mansion in Kansas! Love your vintage lab table. You have a very handy DH. Great studio!!!

25. Patti P says:

Harry Bell Avante!! I’m still giggling!

26. Thanks for the tour!