Veteran’s Day 2017

Today is Daughter #2’s first official Veteran’s Day. She finished six years of active duty with the USAF back in May.

I couldn’t be more proud of her.

So very thankful for her service and sacrifice as well as that of all her brothers and sisters in arms.

We are a blessed nation indeed to have men and women like this willing to put their lives on the line for the rest of us.

11 Responses to Veteran’s Day 2017

1. Mary C says:

Please say thank you to your daughter for me. As someone who choose this wonderful country as my home. I left Ireland 50 years ago.

2. Kathy D says:

I’m also very thankful for your daughter’s service. You have good reason to be proud!

3. A beautiful young lady and soldier. Please thank her for me and Sami. We appreciate her and all the others that serve. My youngest grandson is a Marine.

4. Terri Bertalan says:

I too am very thankful for her service. Please thank her for me. God bless her

5. Yes, please thank her for her service, Katy! (She looks so much like you!)

Thank her for her service! My grandson just got out of the Marines in May also. She is so pretty, looks like you. Hugs,

7. rl2b2017 says:

We are a blessed nation indeed, and I thank her and you for her service. I know personally the sacrifice that is made by our service men and women and their families. Please thank her for me (and then ask her if she wants a bathroom quilt, too, as long as you’re making a second one!) ~smile~ Roseanne

8. Sherrill says:

She looks like a baby!! SO grateful for our men and women who step up and give to keep the rest of us safe and free. Thanks to her and all our veterans!!

You have every reason to be proud. God bless her for her years of service.

10. dezertsuz says:

You are absolutely right about what a blessing it is to have such great men and women serving. Thanks to your daughter for taking a turn at it. I know it put some things in her life on hold, but I hope she has been amply rewarded with friendships and other opportunities.

11. Patti P says: