Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Pyramids

I’m so excited to share this finish with you today! I purchased this vintage top on eBay quite a few years ago and I so enjoyed hand quilting it over the last couple months.

Here’s a look at the back.

I don’t like to mark quilting lines on these vintage tops so everything is freehand…..and wonky.

Plain unbleached muslin is my backing of choice for vintage tops. You can see that this top had some fading, but I still love it.

I found a piece of vintage burgundy fabric in my stash that was a near perfect match for the binding.

Now I’m off to find the perfect place to display this quilt. Have a great day!

Linking up with Crazy Mom QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsAnja Quilts

This entry was posted in Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Pyramids

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    WOW – this quilt is fabulous. I don’t see any wonky lines in your quilting at all. Just beautiful goodness. That binding matches perfectly – you couldn’t have asked for anything better. Lovely! ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Ramona says:

Your last photo is just beautiful. The quilt brings out the hint of pink and red in the leaves. But the real beauty is your quilt. Such a great find on ebay and your hand quilting finished it perfectly. Gorgeous!

3. karenfae says:

love this quilt! great job on the quilting too

4. Linda Mincher says:

Your quilting is wonderful and the quilt looks great! Congratulations on the finish.

5. blackeyedsewsan says:

Love your quilting on this! I find it so amusing that your grandson loved an antique quilt-surround them with color & let them blossom!

6. Lynn White says:

Beautifully done, looks great.

7. Such a pretty quilt, Katy, and I like your quilting. I rather like the fading and age of antique quilts, it’s part of the quilt’s story and that appeals to me.

8. Nann says:

It’s a beauty, Katy! I really like the side borders. Very modern-graphic. And your quilting really sets it off.

9. Margie says:

Wow! Very nice!

10. Luann says:

Beautiful. I like everything about it and the contrast of burgundy with the ‘old time’ green color is perfect. Where do you purchase your muslin for the backings? I know there are a lot of various qualities to decide between and I’m looking for wide backings for my charity quilting projects. Thanks for any info you care to share. Have a beautiful and blessed day.

11. Bambi Pearson says:

Beautiful work Katy!

12. Sharon says:

Your quilting does not look wonky to me. This quilt is beautiful!

Wow, just beautiful. Hugs,

14. Debbie Huber says:

Hooray for you! What an accomplishment! It looks great; I really like the triangles.
    And I love your red maple tree, too.

15. Jayne says:

Oh my gosh! This is a treasure. Especially after your hand quilting. Wonky or not, it is just stunning!

16. Sandra B says:

What a great finish, Katy! I don’t see any wonkyness (is that a word?) in your quilting…and I, too, love the fading…it gives the quilt some additional character! You rescued this quilt top, finished it and gave it life…and there is the mystery of it, not knowing its history… As with all your quilts, thanks for sharing!

17. anudge says:

Beautiful job, Katy. Looks so fresh and new.

18. Well done. I can’t image hand quilting such a large project, especially without marking.

19. Jan Smith says:

This is fabulous! Love your method of quilting -makes for a great result.

20. Linda Dutch says:

A wonderful quilt! I love how you rescued it and did all that lovely hand quilting.

21. quiltipatti says:

i just love how you bring these ‘forgotten’ quilts back to life. they no longer look pitiful. such dedication. i also love the tree. don’t know what kind it is. i live in florida so it may be familiar and just changing colors. great job again. patti in florida

22. Cocoa Quilts says:

Katy it is beautiful The hand quilting is amazing You did an amazing job of saving this quilt.

23. Vivian says:

Beautiful work Katy! A wonderful collaboration between the past and present. You have turned an orphan into a gem!

24. A fabulous finish! Congrats!