Finish It Up Friday ~ HSTs Quilt

I cut the pieces for this quilt before I had my  Accuquilt die cutter, I think it was back in 2012. I cut them at the same time that I cut out Daughter #1’s wedding quilt. The top was pieced last winter in Arizona and I have finally finished it. I took these pictures while visiting Sweet MIL.

All the prints are from various Denise Schmidt lines. The white is from Ikea.

The pantograph I used for the quilting is called Petal Flambé and it is available from Urban Elementz.

This fun backing fabric is actually a vintage sheet that my sister gave me. It was perfect for this top!

And I’m happy to say that I found the perfect binding fabric in my stash.

Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with Crazy Mom QuiltsBusy Hands QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric Addict

This post contains affiliate links, and I receive a small compensation for any purchases made through them. Thank you for your support!

This entry was posted in Accuquilt, Finishes, Pantographs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ HSTs Quilt

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    Ooh, beautiful quilt. I love how it looks like each section is radiating outward. That backing!! Perfect, and the match of the binding from your stash! It couldn’t have worked out better. ~smile~ Roseanne

2. Cocoa Quilts says:

I am a HST girl. I love this quilt in all it’s scrappiness look.

3. Your quilt is lovely. I was thinking about you yesterday as I was trimming HSTs and realizing you can trim in half the time with your die cutter. Nonetheless, I had to smile when I saw the title of your post. Really pretty setting for your pictures. I need to take some of my quilts on a photo date, since I really need to improve my photos!

4. Lynn White says:

Gorgeous fabrics, pattern and quilting. Great layout, just a delight.

5. lswanekamp says:

Happy, gorgeous quilt! Love it all.

It’s beautiful! I love everything about it. Have a great weekend. Hugs,

7. Libby says:

Katy, you make many beautiful things but this quilt is my favorite! Simple pattern, beautiful results. Love it!

8. Louise says:

Everything on this one is pretty wonderful. Good way to start the day!

9. Sandra B says:

Katy, this is great!
    I try to use HSTs whenever I can…they are so versatile! I just pieced a bunch of them (they are bonus triangles, even better!!) … Some of them will be used on the back of a quilt to add a bit of a surprise… The rest will make their way in other projects….
    I love the way you set the HSTs in your quilt…I know you have probably gotten tired of hearing me say how I am constantly amazed at the awesome quilts that can be made from such simple shapes….

10. Sharon says:

Beautiful quilt Katy and a nice photo on the rocking chair too! I recognize some of the fabrics that I still have. I better use them before they become collector’s items. Her fabrics are timeless.

11. viridian says:

great happy quilt!

12. Carie says:

Oh that is so pretty – it’s the perfect sort of scrappy quilt and I agree, the backing is just perfect 🙂

13. Val W says:

That is one happy quilt. Love it!

14. Judy B says:

I too, love your quilt! Lots of scrappy goodness!

15. Jan Smith says:

Love everything about this quilt!

16. Ann says:

You made these 16-patch HST blocks into a wonderful quilt.Congratulations.

17. It’s stunning in every way! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday

18. adaliza says:

Stunning – what a beautiful quilt.

19. Jannette B. says:

What a beautifully bright and cheerful quilt! I’ve got a pretty big stash of HSTs – waiting for just the “right” project to use them in – and this might be it! Thanks for the inspiration!