Finally Friday ~ Log Cabin Quilt!

I think it was over a year ago that I cut out the pieces for this quilt!

I used this die from Accuquilt. Honestly, I would never make log cabin blocks any other way. This die can also be used for smaller log cabin blocks or even Court House Steps blocks.

And believe it or not, all the red and green pieces were cut from one length of fabric! The only intact piece I have left to show you is this bit I used as backing on another quilt.

Sorry about the toes! Lol! I did lots of close quilting on this and I love the texture it gives.

I’m not sure you can tell, but I used red thread in the top and bottom of the dark half of the blocks.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsKathy’s Kwilts and More

This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking through from my site, I receive a small commission. Thank you for your support.

This entry was posted in Accuquilt, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Finally Friday ~ Log Cabin Quilt!

1. Love the quilt, the quilting, and the TOES. 🙂

2. Val W says:

I like the green block tucked in the corner of this quilt. it’s a happy surprise that adds so much interest to the overall quilt.

3. So glad you finished this one. I really like the layout, and all that quilting really does add some amazing texture. This is definitely a keeper, and just in time for the holidays!

4. Jayne says:

Oh wow! The quilting!! I love how big the blocks are…big impact!

5. Wow! That is a lot of quilting. It is perfect on this beauty!

6. Beautiful and the quilting is phenomenal!

7. Gosh I LOVE that one! and your quilting is spectacular!!!

8. quiltipatti says:

i so agree with alycia quiltygirl! this quilt is amazing. i love that you quilted it so close and that you used red thread on parts of it. will you adopt me? lol patti in florida

9. K. Wiley says:

Love your quilt! love the quilting – – did you do it on a home machine or long arm? I’d love to try that sometime

10. dezertsuz says:

I love log cabin quilts, and yours is a real beauty.

11. It looks great. I remember when you asked advice about layouts.

12. Judy B says:

This is a great quilt. It has a Christmas vibe. Not sure if that was your intention, but it is awesome.