Finish It Up Friday ~ Shenandoah Stars

I started this quilt way back in November of 2014! Gosh, it’s good to finally be done with it!

I quilted it with a panto called Airborne from Urban Elementz.

The stars are 8 inch blocks. The fabrics are from a Nancy Gere line called Shenandoah.

I’ve been trying to find new places to take pictures of finished quilts. These next few pics were taken after washing.

I’m always fascinated by the way washing changes the texture.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsQuilting is More Fun Than Housework

This entry was posted in Accuquilt, Bed Quilts, Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Shenandoah Stars

1. Béatrice says:

Wonderful, love it very very much.

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I really love the pattern of this quilt and the fabrics you chose are just perfect for it. It looks so quilty and cuddly after washing – I just want to snuggle under it. Have a wonderful weekend yourself! ~smile~ Roseanne

3. Julierose says:

this is a beautiful quilt–i love the soft colors in it–great job hugs, Julierose

4. Pat in WNY says:

Well worth waiting for this finish – it’s gorgeous. The fabrics really lend themselves well to your traditional star design.

5. Alison says:

This is beautiful! I love all of the different colors and prints.

6. Val W says:

That certainly was worth the wait. What a beautiful quilt! The texture after washing the quilt is a bonus for finishing it up.

Gorgeous, it looks so pretty! It’s my kind of quilt. The quilting is really nice on it. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

8. Sandra B says:

Beautiful finish, Katy! Love everything about this quilt….star blocks, fabrics, quilting…everything!!
    As always, thanks so much for sharing!

9. Wow!!! not only is it beautiful – your photo setting is great!

10. That quilt is stunning! I’ve been enjoying your blog for a while now and keep meaning to tell you how much I enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your work 🙂

11. Wow, is that beautiful!. My kind of quilt exactly! Love it.

12. Janet O. says:

A lovely finish!

13. Beautiful Katy! I still have a soft spot for these classic quilts. I really like those purple shades in there. Thanks for sharing with TGIFF.

14. Linda Dutch says:

A lovely quilt! The soft palette is so pretty, and that last outside pic is great!

15. Beautiful and well worth the wait.

The finished quilt is wonderful, Katy!

17. That quilt is so pretty! I love quilts that don’t need a border because they are perfect already!

18. Kathryn says:

It is beautiful and the colours are gorgeous. Great place for photo too.

19. Marie says:

Doesn’t matter how old it is it’s still lovely. Great feeling to finish those long-standing projects up, isn’t it?