Liebster Award!

Cindy and Sandy from   Gray Barn Designs  nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you!

WHAT IS THE LEIBSTER AWARD?

The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The official rules for the award can be found at the Global Aussie Website. As a nominee for this award, I am supposed to answer a few questions about myself. Here they are:
1.) Who inspired you to quilt/sew?

That would have to be Mr. Wonderful. He knew I loved quilts and he took me to a quilt show and made me talk to the ladies that were hand quilting at a frame. He also taught me to use my first sewing machine!

He’s always supportive of my crazy ideas!

2.) If you could meet one person you have never met, who would it be?

Tough question! My Great Grandma Louise passed away when I was three and I did meet her. But I would love to talk with her now.  She was only 16 when she married my great grandpa and he was 48! She never met him until her wedding day. She gave birth to eleven children, ten of whom survived to adulthood. I recently saw a home movie taken by my great aunt showing Grandma Louise making a tied quilt on a frame. She must have been in her 80s at the time. The stories she could tell! Here is a photo of photos of both of them.

3.) What was the last movie you saw in the theater?

Mounumets Men. Yes, it’s been a while! I prefer to watch movies at home so I can stitch while I watch!

4.) What kind of music do you like?

Classic rock, coffee house style, worship music. I detest country music!

5.) What is your favorite quilt/sewn project/craft?

Hands down, scrappy quilts are my favorite!

6.) What is your favorite candy bar?

I’m not a big candy bar fan. I learned to love a bit of good quality chocolate with my coffee while living in France.

7.) Hand quilt or machine quilt?
6 months ago I would have said machine quilting only. But I have recently rediscovered the joys of hand quilting.

But mostly I machine quilt on my beloved long arm, Harry.

8.) What is your favorite color?

Red!
9.) What is your favorite quilting/crafting item?

Harry Bell Avante!

10.) Do you work on one project or many?

Many! Here are just a few WIPs.

MY NOMINEES ARE:

Wendy at The Constant Quilter, Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts, and Zenia at A Quilted Passion

I enjoy reading these blogs and I think you all would enjoy them as well!
I’d like to ask you the same questions that I answered above!

15 Responses to Liebster Award!

1. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    What an interesting post, and I can totally see why you were nominated. You’ve got just a few WIPs! I wonder though if anyone will answer that they only have one project going at a time . . . I cannot imagine there are many. Thank you for sharing with us today. ~smile~ Roseanne P.S. Beautiful quilts by the way!

2. blackeyedsewsan says:

This is SO SO exciting-I look forward to each & every post. Congrats & well deserved! Susan

3. Val W says:

Love reading your blog every day. Congratulations on the nomination. You inspire to finish those projects!

4. Thanks for the nomination, Katy! I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions! So glad that Mr. Wonderful introduced you to sewing and quilting. He’s a keeper! I’m pretty sure my WIPs pile is similar, if I can find where I stashed them all!

Congratulations on your award!!! I think you have a wonderful blog and I always look forward to reading it and seeing what your doing. I loved reading all your answers to the questions. We are very similar in some areas but I’m laughing because country music is the only thing I play in my car if I’m not listening to an audio book. Enjoy your day. Hugs,

6. Andrea H says:

The Liebster Award sounds like a great way to meet our fellow bloggers.

7. Rochelle Summers says:

I think this is a well-deserved honor. I’ve been reading your blog (mostly silently) for about 2 years and find it very enjoyable. Looking forward to more of the same.

8. Wht fun to learn more about you – but the name of your machine – that is the best!!

9. What an honor to be asked Katy! Thanks a million and I will get a post out tomorrow after I have gathered some photos. How is it that I did not know your machine was named Harry Bell Avante? So clever! Thanks for sharing your wonderful responses and now I have to go contemplate.

10. Terri Bertalan says:

Well deserved award for sure. I love reading your blog and seeing all your beautiful quilts.You are a true artist!

11. Sharon says:

Congratulations! Your blog is one of the very few I really look forward to each day and I find you to be very inspiring. Your husband really does sound wonderful. I’ve often wondered how long you have been quilting. And just so you know, I detest country music also!

1.) Who inspired you to quilt/sew?

My maternal grandmother. She also taught me to crochet.

2.) If you could meet one person you have never met, who would it be?

It would be my maternal great-grandmother, Martha Stowe MacDonald. She could answer so many of my family history questions.

3.) What was the last movie you saw in the theater?

It’s been so long, I can’t remember!

4.) What kind of music do you like?

I like all kinds of music except hard rock and rap. I like New Age or Zen as background music.

5.) What is your favorite quilt/sewn project/craft?

I like making small quilting projects such as baby quilts, table toppers…things I can handle easily.

6.) What is your favorite candy bar?

Snickers

7.) Hand quilt or machine quilt?

Hand quilt

8.) What is your favorite color?

I prefer jewel tones in my wardrobe. Home interior? Dusty rose/green (think a rose garden!).

9.) What is your favorite quilting/crafting item?

I love my Accuquilt Go fabric cutter. It’s such a time saver.

13. dezertsuz says:

I always enjoy reading these, because I learn more things about internet friends, though I’m not always happy to write them. LOL It takes time to think of things to write. If I were indexing your grandparents marriage, with that huge age difference, it’s one of the couples I would have been wondering, “What was the thinking there?” =) I hope he lived a long time and they were happy together.

I also enjoyed reading the things lois92346 wrote in her comment.

14. Congratulations on your nomination! I hope you win! I really enjoy your blog and it is one that look forward too.
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

15. Zenia Rene says:

OMG! Thanks for the nomination Katy! I better get busy writing a post!