Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Stars

I’m still working at hand quilting this top. The quilting doesn’t seem to show much though.

Here is the back. I have 8 of 30 blocks  quilted so far.

I love how the person who made these blocks made her scraps work, even when they were too small. Many of the pieces are pieced.

Just goes to show, you can make the most beautiful things out of scraps and leftovers!

Have a beautiful day!

Linking up with Kathy’s Quilts

This entry was posted in Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Vintage Stars

1. Kathy S. says:

Wow! your stitches are perfect! Looks like such a cozy quilt. Happy stitching!

2. Gail says:

I have done that a few times when I don’t have one piece of fabric that is big enough. What a pretty quilt!

3. Val W says:

My grandmother would piece her pieces like the maker of your quilt. Quilters were a thrifty bunch back in the day, weren’t they?

4. Beautiful! Love the photo of the texture on the back!

5. CathieJ says:

I can see your pretty quilting just fine. This is a great quilt. The back looks just as good as the front.

6. karenlogcabinquilter says:

Your quilting is adding texture and looks just fine. I remember many, many years ago that when I showed a hand quilted quilt I had made to a much older and experienced quilt maker, she said I should have used a plain backing so that the quilting would show. To this day, I rarely have used a plain backing. Not that I think there is anything wrong with a plain backing. Just that there are so many wonderful printed fabrics in my stash that need using.

7. Andrea H says:

You do lovely hand quilting. I especially enjoyed being able to see the back and how the patterns of the quilting are emerging. –Andrea

8. Robin says:

This quilt makes me feel like I’ve come home. You know, the quilt on your bed that’s just yours alone. It’s always waiting for you.

9. dezertsuz says:

Very pretty and comfortable quilt. Easy to imagine wrapping up in it on a chilly rainy day.