Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Baby Top

I finished the hand quilting on this little quilt the day that the last of my kids went home. I’m so pleased with how it turned out!

I didn’t make any attempt to square it up. The fans may seem to big to some, but I love them.

I did wash this when I was done and the stain in the middle is better, but didn’t completely disappear as I had hoped. I’m okay with it now. We all have scars that are part of our story.

I used a plain, I bleached muslin on the back.

Just love this texture!

It just makes me smile to see how the pattern got wonky on the left side. I can just imagine the maker saying, “I just don’t care! I’m so done with this!”

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsChezzetcook Quilts

This entry was posted in Baby Quilts, Finishes, Hand quilting, Uncategorized, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Quilts. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Vintage Baby Top

1. S Wright says:

Beautiful 👍 I love the quilting!

2. rl2b2017 says:

Hi Katy,
    I think this is just beautiful. The fans are the perfect size – it really makes a statement in this simple quilt. ~smile~
    Roseanne

3. Barb Vedder says:

I think the fans look fantastic! it was quite common to use the big fan on smaller quilts around the turn of the century. I love how you arranged them!

It’s lovely!! I love your quilting. Hugs,

5. I love the way you quilted it too! Great texture.

6. Mari says:

The quilting is lovely! It really makes this quilt. The fans are just the right size. I can picture the maker saying the same thing!

7. How beautiful – and… the change in pattern gives in character!

8. I love cheddar quilts, although I don’t own one and haven’t made one (yet). Your little quilt is so darling, and I love the quilting!

9. Very nice cheddar quilt! Nice quilting also.,

10. I adore it! Kudos to you for saving this treasure and making it better!

What a precious quilt. I love seeing it draped over the crib rail. Great job on the quilting, Katy.

12. Linda Mickle says:

It does have nice texture. I love the colors and the simplicity of it. Nice finish.

13. I think it is absolutely perfect. I love it. And yes, we all have imperfections, that’s our charm. LOL!

14. It’s a beautiful quilt and the quilting looks fantastic. Love the orange! Your plus quilt on the grey background is a fabulous one too.

-Soma

15. Jayne says:

Love what you’ve done with your quilting! It’s wonderful to see the wonky side – I hadn’t even noticed it until you pointed it out. That just adds to the character.

16. Ramona says:

How nice! Your quilting is perfect for the vintage quilt. Great finish.

17. Carie says:

It’s got a wonderful motion to it – it looks fabulous 🙂

18. You have a one-of-a-kind, original, beautiful quilt! It looks like it would be great to snuggle up with. 🙂

19. maxine lesline says:

Hand quilting ! What a delight to see.. This is beautiful, and as has been stated, the fan quilting seems in sync with the bright simplicity of this quilt…. Actually, I don’t think I have seen any bad hand quilting.. and machine quilting is… well.. not really quilting. An inspirational blog. Thanks..

20. Shasta says:

This looks fabulous! A bold statement with some bold quilting.