Finish It Up Friday ~ Eagle QOV

I made this quilt for Daughter #2’s SO. I used a free pattern for the eagle that was offered in a Quilt of Valor forum. I’m not sure it is still available. When I looked for the link to add here, I was not able to find it.

I had a lot of fun quilting this one.

And here are a few pictures from the presentation.

Here is the label. I made one similar for my daughter’s quilt.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsSlice of Pi QuiltsAlycia Quilts

This entry was posted in Finishes, Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Eagle QOV

1. Beautiful quilt and quilting.

2. rl2b2017 says:

WOWEE! This is just beautiful, and the quilting is fabulous. My favorite part is the picture of the quilt being delivered. That is just the best. Love the labels too ~smile~

3. legato1958 says:

What an awesome quilt! Beautiful quilting, and I love the label and oath on the back!
    Susie

4. Absolutely breathtaking!! What a wonderful finish for Memorial Day weekend!

5. Val W says:

That looks terrific. Love your presentation pictures too.

6. I found the pattern, but it is very rough and difficult to download. Do you live in Texas? The 433rd (I thought) was in San Antonio. I love this quilt you did such a beautiful job!

7. A! Mazing!!! that turned out so beautiful – and the smiles – thats the best!

8. So fun to see the finished quilt, it’s beautiful! So neat to see the presentation as well. Have a wonderful weekend, Katy!

9. Sharon says:

What a beautiful QOV and I love the presentation photos too! He looks very happy and honored to receive it from you.

10. Louise says:

It is absolutely wonderful! I especially like the quilting you did for the center background, it is perfect. A prayer of thanks for your son’s service. God bless.

11. Cocoa Quilts says:

This is a beautiful quilt. The quilting give a beautiful back. Thank him for his service from our home.

Oh, my word!! It turned out FABULOUS, Katy! He looks like one happy guy to be receiving it. ❤

13. Laura Piland says:

Wow! That eagle is stunning! Great job! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

14. Rochelle Summers says:

This is a beautiful quilt made with love, honor and respect. Thank you for all you do for our service women and men.

15. Diana says:

Beautiful quilr Katy!

16. Janet O. says:

Stunning, Katy!!

17. dezertsuz says:

The quilt is beautiful, and obviously, it is well received. I like your choice of the wavy lines across the eagle center.