DWMonday ~ Blueberry Park

Remember this small top?

It is currently 48 by 60 inches. A bit on the small side for a lap quilt so I’ve been considering adding white borders. I’ve also begun thinking about how I want to quilt this. Here are a few possibilities.

I’m not in love with any of these ideas, so I’ll keep playing with it.

Linking up with Cooking Up QuiltsPatchwork Times

17 Responses to DWMonday ~ Blueberry Park

1. I recently bought a BP fat quarter bundle and can’t wait to cut into it. I love your half rectangles – they look great laid out that way. I like the top 3 quilting designs – I think the wavy straight lines is modern looking and really works with those fabrics and the design of your top. Just my .02! 🙂

2. I love me some Blueberry Park and this top is just beautiful. I like the 2nd & 3rd idea…just a thought, how about diagonal wavy lines to compliment the direction of the seams in the half rectangles?… anyway you finish it will be great!

3. Teresa says:

normally I am not a fan of lighter borders, but with this one I think white border would just set it off, I see your dilemma on the quilting, but be patient something will come to you

4. Cocoa Quilts says:

Me too. Love Blueberry Park. I like the wavy lines. Makes me think of the water and the triangles make me think of sails. Can’t wait to see how you finish.

5. yanicka says:

I love this top 🙂 The quilting is always the hard part for me. I am quite good a FMQ but deciding how to quilt it like giving birth ….. long and painful 🙂
    ….well my shortest labor was 20 minutes but you understand what I mean
    p.s. 20 minutes labor are still no fun.

6. Swooze says:

Cute quilt. Have you thought about crosshatch. It would be in the ditch to the upward right but would break through to the upward left.

7. Bonnie in Va says:

Lovely quilt top. I have absolutely no ideas on the quilting. I’m often looking for the fastest, easiest way rather than the best looking quilting. (I shouldn’t admit to that but sometimes I’m really lucky and the easy way looks great. How about rectangles of various sizes like this design? http://www.intelligentquilting.com/Traveling-Trapezoids-p/cc-traveling-trapezoids.htm As I was looking through the geometrics on this web site I realized they had lots of great designs whether you did them freehand or used a panto or computerized. Some can be done easily on a domestic machine or a long arm. One thing you might want to think about is whether the weight and dark line might be making you not like some of your design ideas. When sewn your line of thread even if black won’t look anywhere near as dark.

8. I was thinking along the same lines (no pun intended) as artisticsharon above. Wavy diagonals. Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it!

9. Nann Hilyard says:

It’s a lovely top, Katy. I like the triangles. Or the wavy lines.

10. My favorite is the last one with feathers and squiggly lines. You can’t go wrong since the top is so spectacular!

11. Susan says:

I like option one – fits the piecing and doesn’t compete with the design.

12. quiltipatti says:

i really like the wavy lines. my first thought was a breeze blowing through the trees. but also agree about the breeze and sailboats. i’m going to put this quilt on my bucket list. love it. patti in florida

13. Beautiful pattern! Very striking! What do you think about straight diagonal lines following the angle of the triangles. All lines going from the bottom of the quilt to the top, left to right. Perhaps a straight line each at 1″ and 2″ measured from the triangle base and angled up and right. And if you wanted, throw in a wavy line crisscrossing over the angled ditch between the white and colored triangles? Not the verticle or horizontal ditches. If I haven’t explained this well, please email me and I’ll send you a drawing of what I mean. diane@lookoutmountainquilter.com

14. Ramona says:

Great quilt! I love the fabrics and your design. I like the idea in the previous comment regarding diagonal line quilting. its a beauty!

15. Sandra B says:

Love this one, Katy! Looking forward to following along to see if you decide to add a border and to see how you decide to quilt it….I know it will be great!

16. janicekholton says:

Katy, love this quilt! Have you considered concentric circles? The the triangles looking a little like sailboats, concentric circles might remind one of the circles created in water when you drop a stone into it.

17. Donna says:

I love it. The fabric line is so fresh looking .This one looks like boat sails to me. Maybe a panto the resembles wind or waves? ❤