Jeep the Mac 2017

Ever since hubby and I have been married, I’ve driven practical vehicles. I’m okay with that. We have four kids and function has always been the most important consideration. I have never really cared what I drove as long as it fit the family and was reliable. But just over a week ago, we bought the vehicle of my dreams! Meet Oscar, my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition.

I fell in love with Daughter #2’s  Rubicon that I drove out in Arizona. I honestly never thought I would be interested in off roading though, until hubby and I got to go on the Jeep track at the dealer. Now I can’t wait to go! I have a lot to learn, but it should be fun!

I just got back from my third trip to Wisconsin since I got back from Arizona. My dad has had cancer for some time and is now in hospice care. I didn’t realize it until I was there early last week, that I would be traveling home over the Mackinaw bridge at the same time as the Jeep the Mac event.

It is an entire weekend of activities for Jeep enthusiasts. The big event on Friday is the massive Jeep migration over the bridge and back. So I decided I wanted to take part too! There were nearly 700 Jeeps that participated in the crossing. Here are a couple pics of the staging area.

There were Jeeps as far as the eye could see! It was really fun to walk around and see all the different models.

I found out that Jeep peeps are very friendly people! I tend to be rather shy, but I talked to some really nice folks there. I had to get home Friday night, but next year I want to go for The whole weekend and take part in the trail rides at Drummond Island as well as the scavenger hunts. Here are a few more pics from the event.

I guess it’s time to make a Jeep quilt!

14 Responses to Jeep the Mac 2017

1. Riley Blake has Jeep fabric out right now!!

Looks like you will be having fun with your new ride!!!

I’m so sorry about your dad. I love all the keeps together. Hugs,

3. Kathe Gardner says:

Best car ever – Loved my wrangler – miss it – except in hot weather – no a/c – bow have ‘Cherokee with a/c..

Congrats on getting the Jeep! That EVENT looks like so much fun! My late husband and I participated in a lot of VINTAGE car events (winning 1st place in many of them) and we met some wonderful people; as you said, very friendly. I’m so very sorry to hear about your dad’s condition. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

5. I had a jeep. And nothing can hold a candle to it. it set the bar pretty high. And I find myself driving through mudd puddles in my car missing every minute of my jeepless decision. Have fun with it!

6. quilter44 says:

Very sorry to hear about your Dad.

Your new Jeep is my dream ride. Have always driven a Jeep but turned in my last one when the grandchildren started arriving. I tell everyone that I will own another.

7. Connie Wegner says:

Very cool. Did not know about the jeep weekend. Many of my family off road with jeeps. I will tell them about it. Weekend after Labor Day, is a tractor crossing at the Big Mac. We have gone to that. Pretty cool. Hoping our son will one day participate in that. Would love to see the Jeep crossing too.

8. Cocoa Quilts says:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Isn’t the Bridge great. We did the same with corvettes. As far as the eye could see.

9. Oh, Katy, I’m sorry to hear about your papa. I’ll pray for you and your family as you walk through this with him. That Jeep weekend looks like a blast. I’m going to forward your blog to a friend of mine, they are big Jeep peeps too!

10. How much fun!! I used to have a CJ5 and I am really sad its gone – you make me want another one!! Hugs to you and your Dad

11. Dotti says:

Jeepers that sounds like a fun adventure.

12. Pattip says:

continuing to pray for your family.
    I love the rolls Royce jeep!

13. Patti Kilcullen says:

Jeeps are like blue jeans and apple pie, all-American!

Your dad is in my thoughts and prayers.

14. dezertsuz says:

Bringing back good memories! We owned several Jeeps in our years of marriage, and one of my sons had a really pretty one. Yours looks great! If you take that woody Wagoneer and change it from beige to orange, you’d have one of my favorites. Never lost that thing in a parking lot! LOL Thanks for the photos and the memories!