Finish It Up Friday ~ Gwennie!

Today’s finish is a big one! I’m happy to say my Gwennie Inspired Medallion from the QAL is finally done!

While most people made wall or throw sized quilts, I added enough borders to make mine fit my queen bed. The problem with making big quilts is trying to get good photos. The slightest breeze does this:

Ugh!

Here are some detail shots.

I’m really glad I went back and added more appliqué to the center block.

I used a plain backing and the quilting shows up beautifully.

It fits my bed perfectly!

Now it is ready to send off to Lori at Humble Quilts  for the First Friday show in Oregon in May. I just have to find a really big box.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric AddictThe Carpenter’s Daughter Who QuiltsBusy Hands Quilts

This entry was posted in Bed Quilts, Civil War Repro Quilts, Finishes, Gwennie inspired Medallion QAL, Gwennie QAL. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Gwennie!

1. Julierose says:

Oh this is really a beauty!! Love the borders…hugs, Julierose

2. Zenda says:

Absolutely stunning!

3. Kathy D says:

What an absolute stunning quilt! Love everything about it. Looks so beautiful on your bed; I would have a hard time sending it off to show.

4. Lu says:

What a beautiful build Katy. Your work is stunning to say the least!

5. piecefulwendy says:

This quilt really turned out nice, Katy! I like the additions to the medallion; they are just right! It is just beautiful on your bed!

6. Val W says:

Fabulous quilt. And your quilting is over the top! Wow!

7. Monique D (B-Maransart) says:

Très beau. J’aime beaucoup.
    Amitiés

8. Pat K says:

I have watched your progress with this quilt and I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out! It is BEAUTIFUL!!

9. Its gorgeous. Love the quilting too. Is it stiff with all that quilting?

10. Fantastic! Can’t wait to see them all hanging in Oregon! Love how it looks on your bed.

It is absolutely gorgeous!!! The quilting is amazing. I love how it looks on your bed too. Hugs,

12. Jayne says:

Wow! This is gorgeous! Oh my gosh…the quilting!

13. Sharon says:

Your quilt came out gorgeous! It looks beautiful on your bed! You must be so proud!

14. Louise says:

Great job Katie! I especially like your colors and your liberated stars…Perfect size for your bed.

15. Janet O. says:

Really beautiful, Katy!

Oh, Katy! It’s breath-taking!! The additional applique work is PERFECT! I can’t say enough good things about it. I just wish I could see it in person.

17. anudge says:

It’s gorgeous!

18. ceciled05 says:

Amazing finish Katy ! Congratulations !

19. quiltipatti says:

katie, this quilt is breathtaking. the quilting is fantastic. perfect quilt for a plain backing so everyone can see the quilting. i think you did an amazing job and it looks great on your bed. patti in florida (pleal@cfl.rr.com)

20. it’s a beautiful quilt, and a fantastic finish! great job! and you’re right, it needed that bit of applique in the middle. also: maybe some matching pillowcases? they would look really nice, too. some light ones, against the wooden headboard.

21. dezertsuz says:

It looks fabulous! Congratulations on finishing. I really like the last two borders and binding together. Thanks for showing the quilting from the back, it’s beautiful and looks wonderful on your bed.

22. Therese Penders says:

Love it…beautiful design and beautifully executed…..

23. This turned out quite lovely. I haven’t worked on an applique in years. Your quilting is just beautiful. I am jealous of having a sleigh bed,as I have always wanted one. Thank you for linking up your finish with this week’s TGIFF.

24. shelleycdq65 says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely medallion quilt finish. It has been years since I have tried applique. Your quilting is superb. I am envious of your sleigh bed as I have always wanted one. Thank you for linking up with this week’s TGIFF.

25. Shasta says:

Oh wow! This is gorgeous, and it looks so wonderful on the bed. I really like the design choices you made and the colors are fabulous.

26. Lisa says:

You did a beautiful job, both on the piecing and the quilting!

27. PattiP says:

I always love your color choices. It’s perfect on your bed. How lovely!

28. absolutely beautiful

29. Gail says:

Wow! Just wow. The appliqué, the piecing, the quilting…. WOW!

30. Véronique Prat says:

gorgeous!!!!!Love it!!!! 👏🏻 Véronique

2017-03-24 10:01 GMT+01:00 KatyQuilts :

> katyquilts posted: “Today’s finish is a big one! I’m happy to say my > Gwennie Inspired Medallion from the QAL is finally done! While most people > made wall or throw sized quilts, I added enough borders to make mine fit my > queen bed. The problem with making big quilts is try” >