TBT ~ Quilts Around the House

I feel so much better this week! Thank you for all of your sweet comments! I hope to get back to responding soon. Now that I am home and feeling well, I keep thinking I should be going in to work! I didn’t really miss my job when I was in Arizona because I have never worked out there. But now that I’m home, it feels odd. Not that I am getting bored, mind you!

I’ve been wanting to do some rearranging in the bedrooms upstairs and this week, I got started. Rearranging also means switching out some quilts. Since I can’t share my current secret sewing project, I thought I would show you some of the quilts I have out and about right now.

The picture above shows one corner of my family room. The Generals of the Potomac have been keeping me company on the couch. Lol!

This little one is hanging in the powder room. It is straight, but it’s hard to get a straight shot in a tiny room!

I don’t think I ever shared this one that hangs over the doorway looking into the foyer. It is a Patrick Lose pattern .

More generals hanging out in the foyer.

And my vintage ladder with my antique quilts.

We’ve been enjoying some amazing springlike weather here in Michigan this week and I even had my windows open while working around the house! This put me in the mood for some springy quilts on my bed.

We have three other bedrooms upstairs. This one hasn’t changed much.

But it will soon get a second twin bed to match the one already in there. I need room for my grand babies! The other two rooms got flip flopped this week. I moved the crib  into what was the guest room and put the queen bed into the bigger bedroom. I like the yellow walls for my visiting babies.

The green door pictured below is actually what I use as a headboard for the queen bed.

I want to repaint this room before I hang it. Here is the bed.

Yep, that quilt isn’t working there right now. I’ve got something in the works though. Here is the dolly bed I have in there. I’m really liking the 1930s quilts in here.

Time to get back to work….around the house that is!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in Home projects, Throwback Thursday. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to TBT ~ Quilts Around the House

1. Lizzie says:

Wowsers. Thank you so much for the tour. I love your quilts on quilts…I’ve never thought to do that. Fantastic…it gives me more room without moving!!!!

2. Wow! I love all the quilts – especially the generals!

3. June Damrow says:

I love the way you have your quilts displayed! I need to make more small ones for wall decorations. In the bedroom with the twin bed, how do you have them attached to the wall? They hang so nice and flat against the wall.

4. Love the tour of your house and the quilts. I need to get to my spring cleaning but it would never look as nice as yours. I am a pack rat, or as my children say, hoarder.

5. Theresa Leppert says:

I love all the quilts. Do yo know the name of the pattern for the quilt that is on the first bed under the Boston Common quilt? It almost looks like a circle . I love all the different pieces of fabric. It would us a lot of scraps. Thanks Theresa

6. piecefulwendy says:

I love the minis on the wall of the bedroom. I need to remember that for our guest room; what a great idea! I love all of your quilts, as well as your lovely home! That gray leader/ender quilt just popped up on another blog this week — that is one popular quilt!

7. Sherrill says:

It all looks GREAT!! You have a grand assortment of beautiful quilts and I’m sure you’ll have just the right spot for each of them. I have a bed just like your queen (?) with the head/footboard and have a HECK of a time getting the quilt or spread to look neat at the foot (I guess since there’s no split in the quilt or spread). What I really need to do is continue with the disbursal of the stash..UGH!

Thank you so much for sharing all the beautiful quilts you have around your home. They’re all simply wonderful! I never tire of seeing your quilts.

9. Janet O. says:

Such a fun visit to see the wonderful quilt decor around your home!

10. anudge says:

Your home is a Quilt Museum! So beautiful.

11. Zenia Rene says:

I know I commented on this at 3a when I couldn’t sleep. Katy’s Home & Quilt show was awesome! Sounds like you are getting my room ready. =D So looking forward to seeing it in person!

12. A lot of these quilts look very familiar! I love seeing where they have come to rest in your home! That is inspiring to me. I want to have a house full of quilts someday but it is happening sooooo slowly! Especially when I’ve given them most of them away! Hmm!

13. Linda Dutch says:

You have made some wonderful quilts! They all look so wonderful out on display, thanx for the tour! I really love your 1st bedroom photo with the 3 quilts!

14. Cindy Nelson says:

Good Afternoon, Do you recall the name of the two gray background fabrics you used in these pictures? I wasn’t able to tell if it was one or two different grays. Wonderful quilts and pictures. Thank you for your time and information, Cindy Nelson

15. Maria Penders says:

How do you keep house and produce such lovely work?

Sent from my iPad

16. Jasmine says:

Thank you so much for sharing your home and quilts. I loved seeing how you decorate with quilts. It looks so cozy, warm, and inviting.

17. Terri Bertalan says:

Katy your home is as beautiful as all of your quilts. I often wonder where you put all the mini quilts you make, now I know. Thanks for sharing