DWMonday ~ Doe

I picked up three charm  packs of Doe by Carolyn Freidlander when I visited Missouri Star last fall.

I picked up some Kona at the local JoAnns and cut them all up 2 1/2 by 5 inch rectangles.

Then I started mindlessly sewing twosies.

Pressed them all towards the dark.

Then I sewed the twosies into foursies.

This will eventually become a grad gift for a guy. I love these fabrics!

Linking up with Patchwork TimesCooking Up QuiltsLove, Laugh, Quilt

9 Responses to DWMonday ~ Doe

1. Janis Ploughman Altomare says:

I was thinking about doing that same thing with a layer cake that I have. Can hardly wait to see how this turns out.

2. Helen says:

I love the way the units are shaping up. It is looking good.

3. I think that was Carolyn’s best line of fabric. It will make a great guy quilt.

4. Patti A. says:

Can’t wait to see this one!!

5. Bonnie in Va says:

wait, wait —- I want to see what they look like all together… please get back to sewing!!

6. Awesome plan – great combination of fabrics!

7. Kate says:

Fun fabrics. It’s going to be a great guy quilt.

8. Nann says:

When I sew twosies and foursies I always think about the high school cheer, “Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar! All for [our team], stand up and holler!” Hmmm…..is that a quilt design idea? Love the dark gray.

9. dezertsuz says:

Is that going to be a new rectangles quilt? Someone is going to be very happy with this.