Finish It Up Friday ~ Dresden Fans Mini

Remember these little leftovers from my Blueberry Park Half Rectangle Quilt top?

I chopped them up using this tool:

And made them into tiny fans.

I appliqued them to backgrounds and added quarter circles in the corners.

I used my walking foot to quilt the grid and made a binding from more scraps.

The quilting is pretty wonky but I love the texture!

Here are a few pictures after washing.

I love the crinkles! It finished at 12 inches square. That was a fun little finish!

Linking up with Crazy Mom QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric AddictBusy Hands QuiltsAnja Quilts

This entry was posted in Doll Quilts, Finishes, Fresh Modern Quilts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Dresden Fans Mini

1. Lois Stimax says:

What a cute mini quilt! It makes me feel guilty for throwing anything away–because I already keep so much!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

2. Sharon says:

That is adorable Katy! I love anything Dresden! But 12″ square? I have that ruler, how big are the blades? Now I have to make one too!

3. piecefulwendy says:

What a cute quilt! I just picked up a scrap bag of Civil War fabrics. Maybe I should try this with them. Hmm.

4. Love it. Those fans must be pretty tiny if the quilt is only 12 inches. Wow.

5. Donna says:

This is ADORABLE! I love everything about it; size, pattern, and fabric colors. Thanks for sharing your AZ experiences. I am enjoying your blog. Give my love to the family when they visit.

6. Ramona says:

It’s adorable! And tiny!!

7. Kate Heads says:

Lovely little mini, and such tiny Dresdens, now that takes skill.

8. AmyScrapSpot says:

This is so pretty! Love the pattern!

9. maxine lesline says:

The ruler is certainly a useful tool… Your fabric colors just sing in harmony, and isn’t it pleasant to have a little project to turn to for diversion?

10. Ariane says:

This is a super cute quilt! Love it!

11. Jayne says:

Adorable! I’ve yet to use my dresden tool! It’s on my list!

12. This is just too sweet. I love teenie, tiny Dresdens.

13. Sandra B says:

Love this little quilt, Katy! Dresdens are a favorite of mine…the second quilt
    I ever made was a Dresden…of course my blocks were much larger than your little mini sized ones!
    Love the fabrics you used…and that crinkly look just makes me smile…thanks for sharing!

I came here to respond to your lovely Gratitude post but the page won’t appear. I just had to tell you how much it touched me, Katy. God bless you and yours.

15. Rochelle says:

Amazing what can be done with a few scraps. It is beautiful and would look lovely on your wall.

That is so pretty! Hugs,

17. Edwina Finet says:

I’m really enjoying your posts from the warm region of the southwest. I hope it’s o.k. to ask questions which might also be answered by others. Is fusible batting still available? Our local Joann’s does not have it, but instead recommends a fusible “fleece”. It makes the project very stiff. Fleece is the word she used, but it’s more like a stiff backing.

18. Heide says:

Super cute, love the Dresden…such a happy little quilt square!

19. PattiP says:

love this mini, I cringe when I see a dresden I’m drawn too. I remember a dresden quilt I gave as gift in my early years of quilting. I didn’t notice until the recipient held up the quilt that every single plate was a different size! She thought it was a clever design element bless her generous heart lol!

20. ceciled05 says:

Love this template and your quilt !

21. Patricia says:

Great idea! It’s perfect for those who have never made Dresdens! Not so intimidting! Love it! Thank you for sharing!