DWMonday ~ Coffin Blocks

I cut a bunch more hexies for the quilt in progress that I showed yesterday.

I threw a bunch up on the design wall, but they aren’t mixed up enough.

I pulled them down and put them in a basket to mix them up better. Then I’ll put them back up.

I was asked how big these are. The finished length is just a bit over 5 inches.

Linking up with Cooking Up QuiltsLove Laugh QuiltsPatchwork Times

11 Responses to DWMonday ~ Coffin Blocks

1. Helen says:

I love the elongated hexagons.

2. Ramona says:

This is going to be a great quilt! What fun fabrics you have used. Did you use a die cutter to cut all of the hexies?

3. Looks like a wonderful start on an interesting quilt.

4. I love these pieces but the name cracks me up!

5. maxine lesline says:

Great looking quilt…and the fabrics are so right for tradition.

It looks great so far, Katy. I really like the shapes.

7. Are you machine piecing these? That seems daunting to me. I love the scrappiness!

8. Firelei Jones says:

Absolutely love your quilt on your design wall. What a lot of work! Looks like all individually cut out and an amazing amount of “y” seams!

9. dezertsuz says:

Looks pretty mixed up to me! Very nice scrappy look.

10. Kate says:

Such a fun set of fabrics. It’s going to be a very pretty scrappy quilt.

11. Sharon says:

I love these fabrics and colors Katy! They look really vintage, which is what I usually try to achieve. Is that really the name of the blocks? I would rather call them elongated hexagons, though.