WIP Wednesday

I spent a good chunk of the day yesterday working on Scrappy Trip blocks.

I’m getting quite a pile now. I hope to finish these soon. As you can see, I had a lot of help.

I took a break in the afternoon and checked out an antique store. I have seen very few vintage quilts out here, but this one had some interesting ones. This one was in great shape.

The others were really worn, but very interesting. This one looked like a pieced album block, but now the fabrics were all the same color.

It had a name on it.

Love that green fabric! I also loved the colors in this bear paw.

Sadly, there was so room to lay these out. This last one was the most worn, but it was my favorite.

In some places, only the quilting was holding it together. The stories these beauties could tell!

8 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Barb S says:

Are you pressing your Scrappy Trip blocks any particular way, so they nest when you’re ready to sew them together? I’m particularly fond of you’re helper.
    Barb

The last one is my favorite too! They are all great. Wouldn’t you love to know what the maker was thinking and doing as she worked on these. If only. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs,

3. Sandra B says:

Thanks for sharing the vintage quilts!
    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

4. Deb says:

The first is my choice,at least I think it is… 😊 I really like they all,your block included.

5. dezertsuz says:

That first pattern is so interesting, can’t think I’ve seen it before. The last one is one of my favorite patterns that I’ll never make, and it’s a shame it’s only held together by quilting and a prayer now. On the other hand, I’d be thrilled if my quilts wound up used to death like these! You must be getting close to enough blocks for your quilt now.

6. piecefulwendy says:

That first pattern looks an awful lot like a pattern I have named Cleopatra’s Fan. It was a free download online. At some point I want to try making a block or two. All of the vintage quilts are so pretty. I’d have a difficult time leaving any behind!

7. You’ve definitely committed to the Scrappy Trip blocks – if not the quilt – at this point. Good for you.

8. Bonnie in Va says:

What a wonderful bunch of old quilts. Your scrappy trip blocks are coming along nicely. Should be fun to get them all put together.