Slow Stitching ~ Tiny Fans

I wasn’t going to bring my Blueberry Park scraps with me, but at the last minute, I threw them in the suitcase. I used an EZ Dresden ruler to cut them into these shapes.

They became these fan blades.the spool of thread is to show the size. They are quite small.

Today, I want to appliqué these to the background squares.

Then I need to figure out what to do with those corners.

Linking up with Kathy’s QuiltsQuilting is More Fun than Housework

12 Responses to Slow Stitching ~ Tiny Fans

1. piecefulwendy says:

Why is it miniature things are so cute? Can’t wait to see what you’ll make with these blocks!

2. Kate says:

They are so tiny and so beautiful!

3. I like small quilts. I have a full size bow tie quilt. The bow ties finished at 3 inch 586 total.
    Would I do it again no , but I do love that quilt. The small bow tie make me happy every time I look at them. Your going to blow up your long arm when you get home.

4. I have fallen in love the so many new things the last 2 years and small blocks is one of the techniques. Now thinking about making large 12″ blocks or even 10″ blocks seem “oversized” It will be interesting to see what you do with your Dresden plates.

5. Sarah says:

So tiny! But I love the fabrics you are using.

6. THose are great fabrics. I like that the arrangement is unexpected for dresdens

7. Isn’t it amazing how that original shape can turn into a sweet little Dresden!

8. anudge says:

Cute!

9. CathieJ says:

Oh, I can’t wait to see what you end up doing with these. I love the fabrics.

10. Sandra B says:

Love the miniature fans!! Looking forward to see what you end up doing with them! Love those fabrics, too!

11. I have some of those fabrics! Very cute blocks!

12. Oh my…those are tiny. Love the fabrics.