Finish It Up Friday ~ 36 Patch

This is another project that was a long Time coming to fruition. I cut the strips for these blocks when I cut the pieces for Daughter #1’s wedding quilt!

The strips were cut 2 inches wide, so each 36 patch finishes at 9 inches. If you are careful how you press, all the seams will nest.

I’ve wanted to make this for ages. Now I’m not sure what took me so long to get to it!

I love how it turned out. I will probably add a border when I get home and gave access to my stash. In the mean time, I stay stitched the edges to keep things stable.

Here it is on a bed.

I can’t wait to quilt this one!

Linking up with Quokka QuiltsBusy Hands QuiltsCrazy Mom QuiltsConfessions of a Fabric Addict

This entry was posted in Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ 36 Patch

1. Julie Stocker says:

Just beautiful, Katy! I’ve been looking at more traditional quilt patterns lately, and this is one I’ve put on my list. What a sweet example of how to do it right! Enjoy your time away.

2. Tanya says:

Love love love this scrappy quilt. Have wanted to do a postage stamp quilt for a long time but have struggled with a layout i like. I love yours ๐Ÿ˜Š
    cheers
    Tanya in Aus

3. Sharon says:

It’s gorgeous Katy! It looks like a vintage quilt! Now I want to make one too. Are these fabrics from your stash? They look beautiful together!

It’s beautiful, looks like an old scrap quilt! The pattern and the lovely colors help it look that way. Hugs,

5. Jayne says:

I love when all the seams nest perfectly together! And I love a good scrappy quilt! I’m sure you will quilt it beautifully when you get home!

6. itโ€™s beautiful! you really canโ€™t go wrong with simple patchwork, can you? I keep coming back to the 16 patch.. Iโ€™m not sure your quilt really needs a border, though, but I know whatever you pick will be beautiful.

7. piecefulwendy says:

What a pretty quilt! It just looks so fresh and happy. It’s good to see that you are enjoying yourself on your extended “quilt retreat”.

8. My kind of quilt! Love the scrappy yet “organized” look. It is beautiful. Kudos!

9. Kathi Riemer says:

Your quilt is just perfect. What a lot of little pieces and the workmanship…amazing.

10. Sarah@123quilt says:

This is gorgeous! I even spy some of my favorite fabrics in there. Of course, now I want to make one. I’ll just add this to the quilty bucket list, lol.

11. Oh, this is so pretty! Love that vintage look! How do you think you are going to quilt it?

12. Snowcatcher says:

I love everything about this. What a great quilt, and how inspiring!

13. Isn’t it funny how the simpler quilts are often the most effective? This one is really pretty!

14. Sandra B says:

Love this one, Katy! Simple shapes…timeless look!! The fabric choices are great….this one makes me smile!! Thanks, as always, for sharing….

15. dezertsuz says:

A wonderful finish. How do you plan to quilt it? I know what I would do, but I’m curious what you will do!

16. Love it โค๏ธ

17. Louise says:

This is such a fun one to do. I’ve made three in the last year and half.great way to use up
    those jelly rolls. I am tempted to go upsairs and start one right now but housework calls.

18. quiltipatti says:

this is just gorgeous. i’ll need to pull out my saved fabs for this and cut it out. great job. patti in florida (pleal@cfl.rr.com)

19. Zenia Rene says:

ooo la la! keep ’em coming Katy! =)

20. Rochelle Summers says:

Beautiful. How big were those patches? Did you use strips and piece and cut or did you cut individual squares?

21. Teresa says:

WOW, that is gorgeous! I’ve made a 16 patch as a wedding gift and loved how that turned out. This is certainly one to try. Thanks for the inspiration!

22. Barb says:

I love this quilt! What did you cut your print strips off of? I don’t see any repeats and the strips would be approx. 22″ long.

23. shewhosees says:

I *LOVE* this quilt!! I’ve done two 16 patch quilts and have wanted to do a 36er. Yours is just gorgeous. I can’t wait to see how you quilt it! Any ideas for the quilting, or will you surprise us? ๐Ÿ™‚

24. beautiful and I recognize the fabrics – fun

25. Val W says:

For such a simple quilt, this one has a lot going on. What a beauty!

26. Oh i Like!!! You are getting so much done!! If you come house sit for ( or even with) me – I will leave you a pile of my ufos – ha ha!

27. Wonderful work! There’s something so spectacular about simple quilts like this. They warm the heart. Thanks for linking up to Finished or Not Friday!