October/November Goals!

Now that I am many miles from my long arm, I am redefining  the term “finish!” But lets take a look at my goals from October and see how I did.

1. I have some Quilts of Valor to quilt and they are at the top of my list!  Done! I quilted 5 last month.
  2. I’d like to finish my Gee’s Geese quilt before I go. Done! img_9221
  3. I need to get all my projects and tools packed for AZ. I should think about a few clothes as well. Well, that is done because for better or worse,  I am here! LOL

What else did I finish in October? One very longstanding UFO!

img_2773

And I finished my Quilts Madder Quilt.

Yay for me!

Now, this is what I want to get done in November

1. I want to piece a  secret top that is a bit of a puzzle. I won’t be able to share, but I am adding it to my list because I want to get it done.
  2. I want to get my Denise Schmidt 36 Patch top done. I cut strips for this ages ago.
  3. I want to get my Blueberry Park Quilt top finished.

Let’s see how sidetracked I get with other projects I have brought along! I’m really not sure how to even make goals for this month. My life has changed so drastically, I don’t know what I can get done!

Here is a list of projects that I brought with me:

1. 30s Hourglass

13. Scrappy trips

14. Log cabin diamonds

15. Granny square

16. Coffin DS

17. C&S tumblers

18. Blueberry Park half rectangles

This list might not make sense to you, but it does to me. I also brought several layer cakes that I don’t yet have a plan for. I would hate to run out of sewing!

Linking up with Busy Hands QuiltsFree Motion by the River

This entry was posted in Goals. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to October/November Goals!

1. piecefulwendy says:

You have a good list going there! I need to quilt my madder quilt and bind it, hopefully by Friday! Enjoy your uninterrupted quilting time!

2. Barb Vedder says:

you are a dynamo!!!

3. Quiltmouse says:

Yes, I do believe you brought along plenty of projects! Love your finishes. Have fun!

4. Jayne says:

It would be awful to run out of projects! You have a big list that should keep you busy for a while at least. If nothing else…you can start cutting up your clothing!

5. Louise says:

I like how your Gee’s Bend quilt turned out..can I send you mine which is not even started yet?

You’re one ORGANIZED woman, Katy and your list of projects will keep you occupied well into the month of December. I love the October quilts you completed – especially the “long-standing UFO”.

7. Wow, you’ve been quite busy. I love your Gee’s Geese Quilt and your Quilts Madder Quilt. I find both designs and colors schemes very appealing.

8. Zenia Rene says:

You are a machine woman!

9. O.k., I’m getting dizzy, I think I need to go lie down. Hope you get one tenth of your goals accomplished! Good for you!

10. gayleburton says:

Your ambition is inspiring! (smile)

11. if you run out and it sounds lile you might LOL I can mail you a few

12. Sandra B says:

What a productive month you had in October!
    And, based on the list of projects you took with you to Arizona, I think you will probably have a productive November as well! At least you have quite a selection of projects to pick from, in case you tire of one project and want to switch to another!

13. Rochelle Summers says:

Hope you packed some good books to read too. That’s a lot of sewing. I so admire your productivity!!

14. Janet O. says:

Looks like you will have plenty of sewing to do. You might have to alter your goals to match up with what you actually do, but for sure it appears you will not lack for things to do!! : )