Gee’s Geese

I’m back to working on this project. I would like to get this one finished before I leave. I have been rearranging bits and pieces. I am still not 100% happy, but one way or another, it is going to get sewn together today! My geese units will finish at 3 by 6 inches.

There are only 5 different shades of blue to work with so it is a bit of a trick to not have any like colors touching anywhere! I know, it could be a design element, but it isn’t what I am looking for. Out of the Gee’s Bend kit, these are all the pieces I have left over.

Not too bad! I already know how I want to quilt this, so I am quite anxious to get it in the frame.

Linking up with Em’s Scrap BagLove Laugh QuiltCooking Up QuiltsPatchwork Times

This entry was posted in Design Wall Monday, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Gee’s Geese

1. It looks so masculine Katy; I can’t wait to see how you quilt it! I used a FQ bundle for one of my recent projects. Trying to keep the prints not touching one of their own was a challenge – I can’t imagine trying it with only 5 colors. Great job!

2. blackeyedsewsan says:

This color wave is out of my wheel house but have LOVED it since I first saw it on the screen! If’s fabulous. Every time I see it I think that Sue Reich said that some of the PSTD vets don’t want screaming r/w/blue quilts & this is so subtle…marvelous. Susan (librarian for 43 years…how did that happen???)

3. Deb says:

It’s very masculine,would look nice in a boy’s room.

4. blackeyedsewsan says:

Sorry-PTSD…these fingers! Susan

5. piecefulwendy says:

The moody blue colors combined with the geese make me think of the Minnesota skies this time of year, when we look up and see geese heading south. I love the color combinations in this quilt. Will be fun to see what your plan is for quilting it!

6. Sandra B says:

Beautiful! I love all the shades of blue….and have always loved the flying geese pattern…looking forward to the final arrangement, and then to see how you quilt it….

7. Kathi Riemer says:

The biggest challenge when making a scrappy quilt is the arrangement of the pieces isn’t it. I just love the way your quilt is turning out.

8. Kaja says:

Lovely subtle quilt; these colours plus the repeated shape make it very restful to look at.

9. Susan says:

Ooh it’s turning out lovely! I’d stick with the design you have

10. Cathy says:

I love it. It’s cool out right now and I can picture snuggling up with the finished quilt. Hugs

11. Linda Frihart says:

So beautiful. Glad I found your blog.

12. Cécile says:

I’m loving it Katy !

13. Kate says:

Your flying geese are looking great. It’s going to be a stunning quilt when it’s all finished.