QOV Week!

Last Saturday, I picked up 5 tops to get quilted for the Stitching Sisters group. My goal is to get them done by Friday. One of the members of the group meets me to exchange tops and quilted quilts. I will be meeting her Friday night so she can take them to the meeting Saturday morning. Here is the first one I finished.

I knew the quilting wouldn’t show much against these fabrics, so I chose a simple pantograph called Cool Beans from Urban Elementz.

The next one is in the frame and nearly done.

Time to get back to work! Have a great day!

This entry was posted in Quilt of Valor, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to QOV Week!

1. quiltdivajulie says:

I agree – the stitching doesn’t show on that first quilt, but I’ll bet the texture is marvelous when looking at it with sideways slanted light!

They both look wonderful but I love the first one! Hugs,

3. blackeyedsewsan says:

I just want to let you know that I will so miss your posts when you are in AZ! I look forward to them each & every day with my first cup of coffee. You & 1 from Melbourne…I save your pantographs in a separate file to show my quilter & she also subscribes to your post now. Our local quilt store closed 10 months ago & we are all adrift but our quilt group still gets together once a month in the public library. We just did a ‘favorite quilt blogs’ and you were at the top of mine. Last Saturday my quilt guild brought in Sue Reich to speak on WWII quilts which was fascinating & found that she is the new president of the quilts of valor. Please take double what you think you want to take to AZ because when you are away from everything, sometimes you get bored-a natural. It’s just you are confined to what you have there so of course that happens. I will miss you ‘my friend’. Susan

4. Louise says:

Love that one you have on the machine! We are off tomorrow to visit our grand daughter and
    her husband in Utah. Safe travels for both of us!

5. Zenia Rene says:

I love the one on the frame! I have full confidence you can meet your 5 quilted by Friday goal!

6. Val W. says:

Beautiful quilting for beautiful quilts! We have certainly appreciated all you’ve done for Quilts of Valor, and look forward to your return after your big adventure in the Southwest.

7. Wow!! Look at you go!! that is awesome