Finish It Up Friday ~ Parson Gray

This quilt has been finished and gifted and now I can share it. Ever have a quilt where all the pieces just fall into place? That happened with this one. I had a totally different plan for this Parson Gray layer cake, but while perusing blogs one day, I saw something that caught my eye. My finished quilt bears no resemblance to the quilt I saw on the Fat Quarter shop blog, but I love it! Sometimes, it just takes a spark and some play for a good idea to come about.

These first pictures were taken before washing.

img_8687

The background fabric is Aged Muslin by Marcus and I purchased it at the yard sale of a fellow guild member. Can you believe she sold a 4  1/2 yard piece of this? I also bought the lovely flannel for the back from her.

img_8688

I used a pantograph called African Samba from Urban Elementz for the quilting. Here are after washing shots. I love how this crinkled up! It is so soft and snuggly!img_8716

The binding is also Aged Muslin from Marcus. I purchased that bit when I was in Phoenix last month. This next picture is more representative of the true color of the backing fabric. It is SO soft.

img_8717 img_8715

I made this quilt for a friend who is experiencing some health issues. He loved it! I hope it brings much comfort in the days to come.

Linking up with  Confessions of a Fabric AddictCrazy Mom QuiltsFort Worth Fabric StudioSew Can She, Busy Hands

This entry was posted in Finishes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Finish It Up Friday ~ Parson Gray

1. Ramona says:

This quilt has such a nice fall feel to it. It sure looks soft and cuddly! Beautiful.

2. This quilt looks so snugly, and is the perfect color for a guys quilt!

3. Kathy D says:

The panto you chose is perfect for this quilt. This is one that just makes you happy you’re a quilter. Well done!

4. Terri Bertalan says:

Love the design and pantograph you chose. I’m sure your friend will feel the love and comfort from this quilt. Beautiful!!!

5. Alycia says:

Oh that is fantastic!!! Those pieces are beautiful!!

Beautiful quilt and fabrics! I love that it has a flannel backing, nice and cuddly. Hugs,

7. Sandra B says:

Beautiful quilt, Katy! The background color is just perfect with all those beautiful prints…and I love the backing and the quilting pattern you used. Looks like a cozy, snuggly quilt, for sure!!
    Thanks for sharing!

8. piecefulwendy says:

Oh, I hope he has many, many years of enjoyment from this amazing quilt! The colors and patterns of the fabric are just wonderful. I could sit and look at it for hours! Nicely done!

9. Melanie says:

Simply and beautiful. Hope your friend finds it as comforting as it looks! m

10. Rochelle Summers says:

What a beautiful quilt. I’m sure it is warm and comforting to your friend. Like the “hangers” as a way of photographing outside!

11. Zenia Rene says:

Bravo. Everything about this finish is perfection. Especially that African Samba panto!

12. Celia says:

I love everything about this quilt! It is just perfect and I hope your friend will find much comfort as he uses the quilt.

13. anudge says:

Gorgeous quilt!

14. Wow, I love this! Wonderful colors and that pantograph really finishes it off perfectly. Well done!

15. Patricia says:

Love your quilt! I really like how the colors played well together and your quilting is so beautiful! I guarantee that your friend will be blessed by this quilt. My quilting bee made me a quilt when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer. Almost a year has passed since my last treatment and it still remains on the foot of my bed. It’s my nap time blanket. Blessings to you!

16. Kathi Riemer says:

What a cozy gift. I love the autumn feel of this quilt!

17. It really does look snuggle worthy with that flannel on the back!

18. This is a gorgeous quilt and I am sure will bring lots of comfort to your friend.

19. Jenny Benton says:

That is so nice – a simple pattern looking extra good!! A great scrap buster, I’d say.

20. Jean Bellefeuille says:

Wonderful colors! This looks like such a comforting quilt. Lovely!