MSQC Birthday Bash!

Today I’m heading home after a wonderful weekend visiting Mr. Wonderful’s parents in Missouri. We did take a side trip to Hamilton. It just so happened that last week was the 8th birthday of the Missouri Star Quilt Company! I even got my picture with the duck!

And who is that behind me?

Why yes, it was Jenny Doan herself! And while I was totally star struck, hubby asked her for a photo. And she graciously agreed. I was rendered pretty much speechless. He talked to her more than I did!

They had stars on the sidewalk highlighting sew-lebrities.

At one point, while walking through town, hubby asks, quite loudly, “Isn’t your star down by the Penney’s store?” Such a kidder!

Mr. Wonderful definitely got into the spirit of things! I think he had as much fun as I did.

Many husbands took advantage of the man cave and park benches. Not my guy! He can shop the fat quarters like none other! See?

Yeah, they had 88 cent fat quarters the day we were there! I also got a new mug.

And a birthday bash t-shirt.

And some charm packs for good measure.

It was such a fun day! Gotta love a guy that plans something like this! I think I’ll keep him.

17 Responses to MSQC Birthday Bash!

1. Kathi says:

What a fun post .. so glad your Mr. Wonderful is wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing this 🙂 Kathi

2. Kathy D says:

Looks like you had a wonderful day – what fun that you were there for the birthday bash! Know how you feel about being “star struck” to meet Jennie – that’s how I felt when Marianne Fons called me on Quilts of Valor sew day. And, for the record, I think you deserve a star; you’re a quilting star in my book!

3. piecefulwendy says:

Oh my — that looks like it was so much fun! I haven’t been there, yet. It’s on my bucket list!

4. Quiltmouse says:

Looks like you had a fun visit! Hugs to you husband for being involved in quilting!

5. Ariane says:

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Wish I could have been there.

Yes he is definitely a keeper!!!😊 It looks like a great time. I would have been speechless too. Hugs,

7. How awesome! What a fun visit and great fat quarters.

What a fun day!! I must tell you though…I thought those were pics of your DAUGHTER! haha You look amazing and Mr. Wonderful is such a cutie!

9. Rochelle Summers says:

What a fantastic day. So glad you have a guy that makes it fun to shop and enjoys it with you.

10. Val W says:

I wouldn’t have been surprised to see your name on a star, Katy! It looks like you had a blast.

11. gayleburton says:

WOW, wow, wow – what a fun, fun outing Katy!

12. Oh my gosh, what a fun day! I love those stars, how cool! Looks like you had a great time!!

13. How exciting! I’d love to get there some day. You got a great haul and sounds like it was a fun time.

14. Sandra B says:

What a fun post, Katy!! Looks like you had a great time…and I love all those fat quarters!!!

15. Janet O. says:

Oh, how fun! I have met Jenny twice and she is as real as they come, but I have never been to her neck of the woods. What a great outing!!

16. What a hoot! I have never purchased anything from the Missouri Star Company. You have inspired me to take stock! I really want to visit there now!

17. I think that duck is bi-racial. He’s got lobster hands.