Blogger’s Quilt Festival 2017 ~ Scrappy Rectangles

Today I am sharing with you my second entry into the BQF, my Scrappy Rectangles quilt. I am entering it into the Scrappy Quilt Category.

I got the idea for this quilt from another blogger, Lynn, over at Klein Meisje Quilts.   It was a perfect leader/ender project for using up scraps.

I cut each of my rectangles at 2 by 3 1/2 inches. My quilt finished at around 96 inches square. It doesn’t look square in this next photo, but it is!

The only scraps I didn’t use were civil war repros. Everything else went in:

Here’s a shot showing my wide binding and the backing fabric.

The pantograph I used for the quilting is called Woven Wind and it is available from Urban Elementz. I just love the texture it gives!

To date, this is my second most re-pinned quilt on Pinterest at well over 6,000 repins! It’s living on the guest bed for now.

And that’s a wrap! Be sure and check out all the other lovely quilts entered into the BQF. You can find links to all the categories here.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

This entry was posted in BQF. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Blogger’s Quilt Festival 2017 ~ Scrappy Rectangles

1. Lois Stimax says:

I love this quilt too!!! It’s so simple but sweet. Great job!!

2. Ariane says:

This quilt is gorgeous!! I love scrappy quilts. I think I need to add this pattern to my list of need to make. My scraps bins seem to keep growing.

3. 8machines says:

Amazing quilter you are. You get so much sewing down. I’m slower and wish I could sew better. I have a sewing machine question. Would you ever buy a fast sewing machine like a Juki straight stitch? They sew up to 1500 speeds. I don’t sew that fast but many quilters have them. What is your opinion? Thank you.

4. Val W says:

I like how vintage meets modern in this quilt. It’s quite charming.

5. Sharon says:

I really love this quilt! Scrap quilts are my favorite.

6. Who doesn’t love a scrap quilt? Sensational!

7. Great choice for the festival. So much scrappy goodness!

8. Alycia says:

Oh I love this one!!! Its on my bucket list ( to copy you!!)

9. Summer says:

Now following you on Bloglovin. Looking forward to future creations! Also, I pinned this quilt to my scrap quilt board. It’s inspirational! Also, I want to show my longarmer this panto; definitely want to give it a try on a future quilt!

10. Sandra B says:

You know I love this …a lot of scrappy goodness in this one!! It makes me smile!!

11. Nancy says:

Simple quilt patterns can be so striking–this one, in particular, with all those beautiful scraps!

12. Audrey says:

Love this quilt! Great use of your fabrics.:)

13. tubakk says:

What a fun quilt.

14. Jannette B. says:

I saw another one of these quilts that you posted a while ago, and started making one too – I chose a brighter turquoise / teal Kona for the background. Thanks for the inspiration!

15. I love this quilt Katy – it makes me really smile!!

16. Catherine says:

I love that almost everything went into your beautiful quilt!

17. What’s not to love! Good luck at the festival! My test for a great scrap quilt is wanting to be able to wrap it around me. Simple yet well balanced and the quilting is just the perfect choice! Good luck

18. One word….stunning! And a question…Just out of curiosity, how many rectangles did you use? Karen

19. Nann says:

Ohhhh, such scrappy delight. It looks wonderful, Katy!